Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Food and service excellent as always. Setting is fantastic , The White Line Building is beautiful. Favourite restaurant in Glasgow

Date of visit: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank W5164BPpaulc
Write a reviewReviews (1,539)

Reviewed January 20, 2020

We recently stayed at Native Glasgow above the Anchor Line so decided to pop down for a pre-dinner drink. We loved the interior, the piano music and our waitress was lovely. I have seen some reviews complaining about it being busy or overly loud but our two evenings there were just right. The cocktails were fairly expensive but the tables have the drinks menu on them so you know what you are paying. The drinks themselves were very nice. If you are looking for a cheap bar then this is probably not your place, however, if you are looking for a nice place to relax then I'd consider the Anchor Line. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Met friends last week for lunch and, as usual, the food, service and atmosphere were excellent. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

I arrived with 2 friends, i ordered 2 beers and a dark rum and coke.. cost ....wait for it,.... OVER £22.00 I couldnt beleive it, so i asked for the receipt, my friends and i checked it, and they had charged me for a double rum and coke.. Now, i'm not sure if it was a ( double) rum and coke, but I CERTAINLY DIDNT ASK FOR THAT. Rather than complain i left it, but felt ripped off, then the strangest thing happened, was telling someone at my badminton group about what happened in the Anchor Line, she said.. THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO HER.... so specify YOU DONT WANT A DOUBLE as they seem to give you that no matter what.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Visited last week with my wife for a lunchtime treat. I had a gift voucher from Itison for a meal for two.

I enjoyed the generous portions of quality tasty food in a beautiful restaurant.

I particularly enjoyed the ambience of the busy place with all the old photos and posters of the Anchor Line shipping company.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will return.