The Battlefield Rest
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Every time we visit this place , the standards and quality are always there. Fresh food with hot plates , good wine at honest prices , the same guys serving you, always welcome !!! Thank you

1  Thank Yelmar

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Crammed in around the table. The food was quite poor in the portion sizes and was just warm. With the main food we had a small bowl of veg.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I love everything about this restaurant! The food is consistently excellent (the seafood is always superbly cooked), a good choice of drinks, good service, lovely ambience and reasonable prices! Fabulous!

Battlefield R, Owner at The Battlefield Rest, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for your comment, it gives all our staff and myself a great feel and confirmation
Of what we try to give to our customers.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Well what can I say! I have eaten here many many times over several years, and it has to be my favourite restaurant in Glasgow. So many things make it a great place to eat. It is located in a lovely historic building which is unique and the decor is warm and relaxing. The restaurant is not huge so best to book especially at weekends. Even on quieter nights of the week there is a real buzz with everyone just enjoying good food. It is family run and the staff are helpful, pleasant, efficient and cheerful. The food is Mediterranean/ Italian, so not all pizza and pasta! On my last visit we enjoyed the special Christmas menu which was full of great choices, and the food every bit as good as the a la carte, unlike some restaurants where the Christmas menu can be rather disappointing. This restaurant never fails to please.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times as the food is good and the prices are average, and even don't mind having my wine out a tumbler. However, I have to say the service is not that great, I find that the waiters are really not that interested in you and they are just going through the motions. Come on guys a smile and a bit of light hearted pleasantries wouldn't go a miss. I have read previous comments that have been made about this and also your response to the comments, but nothing seems to have changed. It's a shame really because it spoils what you have got, a quirky restaurant, good food, but just lacks the warmth. Will be a long time if ever I will be back unfortunately.

1  Thank Bluemoon077