“Italian Gem!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Italian Gem!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Great value for money! Great portions good food and excellent staff! The pretheatre is ecellent value and the choice of wime is great! Staff are friendly too!

Visited November 2012

north west
“Good local place to eat”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

If in the Shawlands area a gteat we local eatery .Good food at very reasonable prices good service and atmosphere .Need to book for evening later in the week. Very good for the price

Bonnie Scotland
“Well worth a visit - you won't be disappointed.”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Every time I visit this fine little eatery on the South Side of Glasgow, I wonder why I left it so long.

There is a very warm and friendly atmosphere with helpful and humorous staff.

I visited today (22.11.2012) for lunch with two friends. There was a great selection on the fixed price menu and the food was delicious. I can enthusiastically recommend the Minestrone soup served with crusty bread and the chicken and haggis in a white wine cream sauce. great value at £9.95.

Everyone in the party had different choices and everyone was impressed.

They are famous for their desserts but we didn't indulge this time, although in the past they have been wonderful.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Ayr, United Kingdom
“fantastic food, great value and amazing atmosphere”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My partner and myself thoroughly enjoyed the Italian experience at Battlefield Rest on Thursday evening. We arrived around seven and the restaurant was already jumping. We had no reservation but a lovely table for two was found without delay. The food is without doubt the best Italian that I have ever tasted. The menu was extensive, varied and different to the usual with something for every taste.
To complete the evening we were given discount vouchers for future meals although the prices are extremely reasonable. This is definitely on my list of new favorite restaurants and we'll be back before Christmas.

2 Thank rachel1223
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“First time, definitely won't be the last!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Been in a couple of times for coffee and scone but first time for a meal. We had the £6 lunch deal and what great value. Lovely spaghetti with mussels in a tomato sauce and my husband enjoyed the primavera along with a lovely glass of house wine. We shared the lemon cheesecake with chocolate, amazing! And cappuccinos to finish! All for £20.00. Excellent! Service was very good.
Will definitely be returning as so many great sounding dishes to try. Was so glad I had booked as was full to capacity. That is evidence of how good it is.