“Fabulous Food!”

Ranked #113 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scottish, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Glasgow’s Merchant City, Hutchesons City Grill is vibrant reincarnation of one of Scotland’s most impressive architectural icons. Spread over three floors, Hutchesons consists of The 158 Club Lounge; a boutique style bar that specialises in Champagne and cocktails. The showpiece of the venue is the City Grill, a bustling first floor restaurant that sports a menu of fine Scotch beef and Scottish seafood. The restaurant is set in a room like no other, a double height marvel with one of the most impressive ceilings you will ever encounter. Topping it all off, quite literally as it’s found on the third floor, is the Glenfarclas Private Dining Room, the last word in exclusivity and seclusion; guests have their own dedicated server, private bathroom and will enjoy a unique experience fit for any occasion.
“Fabulous Food!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We went here the first weekend it opened and it never disappointed. The staff were very welcoming and attentive. I had the scallops to start with and they were delicious. My partner went for the Foie Gras pate and this was very rich and delicious as well. We went for the Chateau Briand for main and it was cooked to perfection, couldn't fault it at all. The surroundings are spectacular and there are plenty of staff to accommodate a full restaurant. The only bug bear I had was the table we were seated at, it was very small and was right next to the waiters station and there was always someone there so felt a bit inhibited chatting. Other than that I give it a big thumbs up!

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service, Food great & beautiful building”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

First visit to Hucheson's and food, service and the restoration of this historic building was altogether impressive. Our server for the evening was Alister and he was so nice, actually all the waiters were very pleasant - I believe service is so important. The food and wine was excellent. The building has been restored beautifully ... Another beautiful Glasgow building.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Feast for all the senses.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Beautiful building and sympathetically refurbished. We were gawking from the outside to our table. We were greeted in a friendly and warm manner - a good start! And prompted seated.

The staff were welcoming and had good banter. Good knowledge of menu and were impeccable in serving us. Our only slight dislike was the length of time to get drinks though this might have been down to some complex cocktails being made!

I had oysters and they are the best I've had in Glasgow. Our cote de boeuf was simply outstanding. I do recommend the food as it's just beautifully done. It is pricey but so worth it for you what you get. A place for an occasional treat/splashing out but maybe not a regular haunt (unless I win the Euromillions in which case it's steak every night!)

I love the decor and the bespoke "H" plates. The attention to detail is impeccable!

I'd go back and hope the drinks are delivered a little quicker though that might be my desperation in getting my birthday Bolly!

• Visited July 2014
“Breakfast ”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Took our son for a treat. Nice menu with eggs done many ways.
Server not very friendly or welcoming, she almost threw our breakfast plates at us with loud clatter on the table.
Son's Eggs Royale was underwhelming with egg shell. My bacon and poached egg was tasty and nicely cooked, had to ask for the 'buttered croissant' to be buttered. Husband's breakfast was nice.
Other server asked if we needed more and he had a very nice attitude.
Would return but hope not to have that waitress.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal for party of 12 for a birthday celebration -food quality superb and service very good - stunning building”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

High standards all round -service very good and quality of food excellent thank you -highly recomended.