“Very bad service”

Glasgow Central Apartments
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Nice apartments (although stale smell of smoke when supposed to be non-smoking!!) however the service I received was shocking. Firstly, £200 was debited from my account the week before arrival for a one night stay at £80! On arrival I still had to pay the £80 upfront although non of the £200 had yet been refunded. I stayed two nights ago and am still waiting for any sign of my £200 refund! The attitude of the staff was 'It was a mistake but unfortunately you still have to pay a further £80'...Not so much as an apology! Would have loved to stay again as very handy location but this has definitely put me off. If I wanted to pay £280 for one night stay I'd of went to the Ritz!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lauren D

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked this Apartment for a ten day stay in Glasgow. As I was arriving late from the Airport I let them know prior and they assured me although the desk would be unmanned they were expecting me and just call. Sure enough they were there. As I was travelling alone and was there to surprise my family the staff went above and beyond to help me navigate and help me settle in to Glasgow. The Apartment is ideally located just a short walk to the train station where there is a myriad of cafes and a Marks and Spencers. There are food outlets everywhere including MacDonalds and Poundland for washing powder and odd little toiletries you may need even a hairdresser. There was nothing I couldnt find within 100 metres from this accomodation. The Aparments are exactly as they are represented on the website. The first night I guess I was jet lagged and fumbled with the air con but in the morning I realised all I had to do was press the arrows and it would come on. Does help some times to read the instructions! The door has three locks on it and I felt very safe and secure which was important to me as I was travelling on my own. The place is well lit at all hours and the there is a secure entrance only accessible with your key. People not staying there are unable to wander through....I like that. All in all I would not hesitate in staying there again. It was spacious and I really hope to stay again. Thank you for impeccable service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Snapper13
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were staying in the apartments for a special occasion, my birthday! When we arrived we were told the lift wasn't working but it would be working again in an hour. We struggled to get our luggage to the 6th floor. It's only the first two floors that are carpeted we were then met 4 floors of cold concrete flooring (look very cold and shabby). When we finally got to the 6th floor out of breath and in desperate need of a rest there was a smelly bins filled with dirty sheets and towels outside our room! (Not a nice welcome!) On entering the room there was a strong smell of curry it was a cold December day however we opened all the windows in an effort to get rid of this horrid smell. The cups and mugs in the cupboard were sticky an dirty. We decided to do a spot of shopping believing that by the time we get back the lift should be working as promised and hopefully the smell and bins would be removed. On return the bins were still outside our room the lift were still out of use and the smell of curry was still bad and our apartment was now very cold. We got ready to go out voicing our complaints we were given a number - the staff there didn't do anything for us or offer to clean over the room the excuse for the bins being outside our room was "oh but the lifts not working" and nothing was said about the smell or poor cleanliness. We only stayed 1 night the lift was not working-a broken promise ! when we left we had our luggage and shopping having to make two trips to get all our stuff downstairs on the way down there were black bin liners on every landing .... Again very smelly! We had a very unsettled night the apartment was cold having to keep the windows open- never helped the smell. The beds are tiny and not comfortable and i am only 5,2 !

On return we made sure we called to complain we were then asked to write an e-mail we were offer to stay at the same apartment with a small discount which was quickly declined! How this apartment gets a good rating I will never know. Good location however there are many other good apparent and hotels of the same price in the same area. I will be returning to Glasgow again in a few weeks and am most defiantly not staying in this apartment I would not recommend this apartment to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank EmmaLdundee
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at the Glasgow Central apartments for a Friends Hen night. 3 of us stayed together in a 1 bedroom apartment with a twin bedroom and sofa bed in the living room area.

When we arrived we hadn’t organised parking with the apartments as we weren’t aware we had too but luckily we got a space in there secured underground parking which cost £10 extra but was brilliant for peace of mind that your car was safe and sound.

After a warm welcome from the receptionist we went upstairs to our apartment which was very spacious, modern, clean and had everything you need.
Check out was at 10a.m and as we were on a Hen night we requested a late check out at 12p.m which was easily arranged at £10 extra an hour, we were more than happy to pay this between 3 of us and thank god for it as we needed it…

The only minor downsides were that with 3 girls all getting ready together I, being the 3rd one, had to have a cold shower as they’re not electric and we’d run out of hot water and in the bedroom there was no dresser so no where to put anything. The lack of mirrors was a bit awkward too.

Overall I would highly recommend these apartments to people looking for a City break or for large groups such as birthday and hen parties, it’s very reasonably priced for such a central location, you can get parking on and there modern and clean, what more could you want.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just what you need to support at a three day conference. Good clean modern flat effectively.
Tons of space to work, plug sockets everywhere for chargers etc. Wi Fi as well.
Sofas and bed comfortable and with self catering all good thing.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Oswald street are opposite the multi Storey Car Park
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a haven for a busy traveller!......great location, price and setup. The apartments are really well set up with modern washing machines/dryers, great bathrooms, kitchen is well stocked meaning you can cook up a feast. Its half a block from the main shopping district and is warm and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank macsmith_NZ
Reviewed October 7, 2012

These apartments are a 5 minute walk from the central station. The street is a bit rough though not bad enough to make me worried, but we were woken in the night by noise of "revellers".

They are spacious enough, I was in a 2 bedroom and did not feel cramped. One bedroom was large enough for a wardrobe and 2 bedside cupboards, the other had only one bedside cupboard as storage and the bed was up against one wall.

Kitchen kitted out with typical IKEA stuff, perfectly adequate and enough of everything. Didn't cook anything except toast and scrambled eggs so can't comment really on the facilities.

Staff helpful and polite, always smiled and said hello.

Stocked with tea, coffee and individual milk cartons which was nice.

Room Tip: get a room on a higher floor if you can, much less noisy
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends