“Last Minute and well worth it”

Amadeus Guest House
Ranked #4 of 34 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Booked this guest house just a couple of days before new years eve. Easily found, good location for what i was looking for. Had my son with me so he was pleased I found a room with two single beds!
The room was clean, beds were comfy, the en suite was adequate and the breakfast although buffet stile with no hot food there was plenty to eat and choice.
The owner made us very welcome.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Amadeus Guest House

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Booking was straight forward and people on the phone were friendly. I would be arriving late and they were happy to accommodate this. The place was clean and instructions for breakfast clearly displayed. I enjoyed a comfortable and quiet nights sleep. A good selection for the continental breakfast. Decor for is dated, but I prefer good customer service and cleanliness as more important. I would definitely use again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed overnight. The guest house is immaculately clean and has obviously had some updating. We stayed in room 2 and room 3. Both rooms had everything that was required and again we're very clean with nice decor. Staff were very helpful and friendly nothing seemed to be a bother. Breakfast is continental with lots of choice, would have liked cooked breakfast but it was fine. Will definitely return to this guest house in future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here regularly while completing a work contract in Glasgow. It is excellent value for money - a lovely guest house in a nice part of town and very close to the subway. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff very helpful. There is wifi throughout and a continental breakfast with good quality locally roasted coffee. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed for two nights while visiting our daughter in University. The accommodation was clean, friendly and good value for money. Even though it is located in the West End the guest house is situated on a quiet cul-de-sac and we had a good nights sleep. It has the idiosyncrasies of an old house so it is a bit draughty, the floorboards are uneven, and it is a bit faded but it has a lot of character. The bathroom wasn't great however - the shower was very slow to drain, and the water alternated between cold and dangerously hot. The breakfast was nice but no cooked breakfast which didn't bother us. Credit card payments incur a surcharge.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I spent a few days in Glasgow and loved staying at Amadeus. Yes, some of the rooms are in the process of being refurbished, but overall we thought our room was very lovely and bright - we had a huge window facing the back courtyard. The bed was comfortable and everything was very clean. Breakfast was always fresh and the staff was helpful and friendly. The location is great as well - not even a block from the subway station and from there you can get around to pretty much anywhere in the city. Loved it and would stay again if we were in the area.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johanna S
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I booked a long time ago, as soon as the location of the LibDem conference was announced. Good reviews and an excellent price made it the right choice.

The room I booked isn't en suite but the bathroom is next door. Only criticism with the bathroom is the shower that takes time to warm up. There is also a sink in the room. The room itself is fairly small but in good condition. Well decorated and cosy. The bed is comfy enough. A big wardrobe is provided. I wish the one in my rented flat was as nice!

A bonus: the breakfast. Large array of cold foods from yoghurt to delicatessen, from pain au chocolat to fruits. Coffee on tap. I did not expect the breakfast to be included but it was.

• Stayed: September 2013