“SIMPLY WONDERFUL!!!”

Cubatas Tapas Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: 'Authentic tapas bar and restaurant serving delicious food created by spanish chefs with a focus on bringing you tapas as they really are in spain.' Glasgow's finest spanish restaurant Don't be shy and give us a try! We are only 15min walking distance from the SECC Hydro and the King's theatre!
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“SIMPLY WONDERFUL!!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Firstly I am really sorry to see that some people have had a bad experience at this restaurant!! We visited for a friend's Birthday on Saturday 22nd March and I can honestly say we had a fantastic experience....... We arrived to a message on the table wishing my friend a 'Happy 40th Birthday' - nice touch! The service was FIRST CLASS, Nacho (Hope I've spelled it correctly) and the team couldn't have been any more accommodating, helpful & friendly!! We hadn't realised it was newly opened and were a little concerned when neither our hotel or our Taxi driver had heard of it, but I would recommend without hesitation!!! The food was delicious and very authentic, the prices were really good (quite small portions, but that's what tapas is!) saying that we were advised to have 3 dishes each which is what we did along with some Nachos to start and we were comfortably full at the end of the meal! The wine and sangria were reasonably priced (and delicious! ;) ) we decided to have a dessert which are all home made (except the ice cream) and when I found I was not keen on my choice, one of the owner/managers offered to change it without any problem! The night was ended with a complimentary shot of peach schnapps each. If you want to have an authentic Spanish night at a reasonable price here's the place to visit...... We'll definitely be back when next in Glasgow! Good luck for the future guys!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Ok for a quick bargain bite”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Good price but this was obviously due to cutting corners on ingredients, my octopus was very chewy and the manchego was tasteless. The atmosphere was however very good as were the drinks and service

NachoCalduch, Manager at Cubatas Tapas Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Francescaj87,

First of all, thank you very much for your kind words about our service and drinks.

On the other hand I'm really sorry you did not find our food to your liking and that led you to think the ingredients we serve are of bad quality.

In Cubatas we cook all fresh first-quality food. The reason our prices are good as you state is because we are trying to be competitive.

However if you want to contact me I would be very glad to explain where do we get our ingredients so you can see our suppliers are established companies that have been trading in Glasgow for quite a while and their integrity, product quality and popularity are of course not to be questioned.

Kind Regards,
Cubatas Manager
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Fabulous !!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Fantastic tapas restaurant . The food is tasty, authentic and excellent value . Staff are friendly and service is very efficient . Would definately recommend this restaurant and will visit again when back in Glasgow !

“Poor service”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Very disappointed at my visit to this restaurant. But let's start positively, the intertior is very nicely decorated.
Unfortunately, the service was slow, poor and some of the waitresses seemed a bit overwhelmed keeping up with drink and food orders. The food, when it did arrive was no more than average.

1 Thank spotthescot
NachoCalduch, Manager at Cubatas Tapas Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Hi spotthescot,

I am very sorry to hear your experience @Cubatas was not satisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies.

As I stated in previous reviews for last Saturday I had to urgently leave to Spain on Saturday and that caused unexpected chaos within a team without management.

We opened about a month ago and we are still trying to improve our service. I would take full responsibility for the poor service afforded to you and I will make sure we will continue to make improvements in our staffing and service levels.

We would like to make it up to you to show our appreciation for your understanding and support. Please do not hesitate contacting me directly to discuss the details.

Cubatas Manager
“Yummy”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Went here for a meal with a couple of friends. Delicious food and efficient service. Can't wait to visit again!