We got to the apartment around 8am (check-in is at 3pm) so we figured we'd just drop our luggage off until the proper check-in time (as most hotels/serviced apartements offer) and explore Glasgow. When we got to the front of the complex, the door was unlocked. This didn't seem unusual at the time because how else would we have got in? We went into the lobby expecting to see a receiption of some kind...but nothing. Just an empty desk with a note on it indicating someone would be there for 8am (although a previous guest had written over it saying 9am was more accurate). We called the number on our reservation confirmation to see what was up with that. We spoke with a man who told us someone would be there for 3pm, or 'maybe' the cleaning lady would be able to let us in as she would be arriving between 10am and 11am. We were flabbergasted. No one to greet us, no where to check-in...NOTHING! Two of us had to wait with the luggage while the other two went out and used the toilet at a local resturant and then rotated. The cleaning lady eventually showed up around 11am and was thankfully able to let us in. We thought that would be the worst of our experience. Unfortunately it wasn't. While speaking with locals of Glasgow, we soon learned that these apartments are frequented by local young 'gentlemen' who need a place to crash after a while night out on the town. Each morning we would wake up to an increased mess in the hallways. Picture this - vomit, garbage, broken lamps, and even...wait for it...FECES! Yes, human feces. The smell was unreal. We were there over a weekend, and for whatever reason the cleaning lady doesn't come on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Why, I have no idea. The halls should be cleaned every day, especially if they're used to these unruly kids causing such mess and damage. The front lobby was a disaster. The lamp was broken, there was slashes in the leather couches and whoever created all the damage left a note on the front desk that said "Sorry!" and left various types of candy, and a half eaten order of fries as 'payment'. We couldn't really believe what we were seeing.
The location is excellent as we were a couple of minutes from Buchanan Street, which is a pedestrian only roadway lined with shops. The room itself wasn't bad. It wasn't very clean, but it was very large. I didn't feel safe there, though, due to all the night activity that was taking place. In my opinion, what's to stop one of these kids from breaking into one of the rooms if they don't care about damaging the property of others.
Take my advice, stay somewhere else! Anywhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 38 Bath Street serviced apartments Glasgow elegantly combine the luxury and comfort of a leading hotel with the flexibility and convenience of self catering. Located in the heart of Glasgow’s thriving centre it is ideally suited to both business and leisure travellers. With a selection of one and two bedroom apartments on offer we can accommodate any length of stay from 1 day to 1 year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your 38 Bath Street Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 38 Bath Street Serviced Apartments Hotel Glasgow
- 38 Bath Street Serviced Apartments Glasgow, Scotland