What a disappointment. Someone has clearly spent a lot of money doing these apartments up with good quality furnishings and finishes. How sad therefore that the current maintenance regime renders it all a waste. Apartment No 2 on the 1st floor was the one allocated to us for a 3 night stay in May. Big rooms, mezzanine level dining area, high ceilings, quality kitchen etc. looked at first to be really good, and all would have been well but for the many minor issues such as halogen down lighters hanging out of their fittings, bulbs not working or missing, bathroom fan not working, radiators needing bleeding, carpets stained, furniture damaged beyond repair, no instructions for anything (not even Wi-Fi connection), poor selection of cutlery, very few items of crockery, no supply of toilet rolls; the list is endless. The bathroom was equipped with a pedal bin whose lid was ripped off and just leant against the wall; the bath sealant looked like it had been daubed on with a broken stick.
None of these issues could possibly have been invisible to the cleaning staff or maintenance. Even reporting some to the “reception” had no effect. One has to wonder how much they actually care about customers.
The two worst aspects however were security and safety. Security is commented on in other reviews, the outer door to the street is literally unlocked and ajar and anyone can wander in off the street to an unmanned desk and onward to the rooms. The vandalism in Reception is clear demonstration that this is not mere speculation. As for safety, we saw plenty of fire extinguisher brackets but not a single extinguisher. Surely that’s illegal?
We couldn't recommend anyone stay here until they get their act together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 38 Bath Street serviced apartments Glasgow elegantly combine the luxury and comfort of a leading hotel with the flexibility and convenience of self catering. Located in the heart of Glasgow’s thriving centre it is ideally suited to both business and leisure travellers. With a selection of one and two bedroom apartments on offer we can accommodate any length of stay from 1 day to 1 year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your 38 Bath Street Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 38 Bath Street Serviced Apartments Hotel Glasgow
- 38 Bath Street Serviced Apartments Glasgow, Scotland