Great location on the edge of Kevingrove Park ideal for the art gallery and the university in one direction and city centre in the other.
The owners and staff are very welcoming and helpful. We loved the layout of the place - It felt as if you were staying at someone's house rather than at a guesthouse.
We stayed in a "basement" room which was bright and airy, but did not have an en suite bathroom. Not a big deal and the staff provided bathrobes.
Buffet style breakfast with hot food cooked to order - very tasty.
Will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Glasgow - and will book direct rather via an agency.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alamo is a friendly family run Guest House overlooking Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Park with views of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, as well as Glasgow University, in the near distance. This elegant 1870 Victorian building is within easy walking distance (3 - 20 minutes) of the main 3 areas of Glasgow; The City Centre (Glasgow School of Art, Modern Art Gallery, theatres, etc), The West End (Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow University, Kelvin Hall, etc), Riverside (S.E.C.C. etc). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Alamo Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alamo Guest House Hotel Glasgow
- Alamo Guest House Glasgow, Scotland