We spent two nights at the curiously-named Alamo Guest House at a lovely in-town location adjacent to the fabulous Kelvingrove Park and near Kelvingrove Museum and the University of Glasgow. Our hosts, Steve and Emma, were warm and welcoming and were constantly there to help us find the best things to do in their fabulous metropolitan city, how to get there, and how to make the best use of our limited time in Scotland's largest city. They guided us to excellent places to eat when we weren't enjoying their wonderful breakfast buffet. Our accommodations were spacious, clean and fully supplied with all possible amenities. Even though the place has a very warm atmosphere, it is filled with outstanding original artwotk. The decor is beautifully decorated. The rooms and ceilings are meticulously hand painted by Steve in amazing colors. We couldn't have had a better experience in an exciting historic city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alamo is a friendly family run Guest House overlooking Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Park with views of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, as well as Glasgow University, in the near distance. This elegant 1870 Victorian building is within easy walking distance (3 - 20 minutes) of the main 3 areas of Glasgow; The City Centre (Glasgow School of Art, Modern Art Gallery, theatres, etc), The West End (Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow University, Kelvin Hall, etc), Riverside (S.E.C.C. etc). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Alamo Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alamo Guest House Hotel Glasgow
- Alamo Guest House Glasgow, Scotland