“Book before you go”

Las Iguanas - Glasgow
Ranked #94 of 2,543 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Argentinean, Brazilian, Mexican, South American, Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opening 3rd March! Latin American restaurant bringing the freshest and most authentic South American food, drink and atmosphere to Glasgow!
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Visited with friends
You really need to book as the place gets packed. Our waitress was great she rushed off her feet but we never felt this affected us.
The food was absolutely wonderful and we were in and out within the hour.
Great atmosphere, service and food

Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

As a fan of Mexican food (cupboard always has at least 3 Old El Paso boxes) I've always enjoyed going to Chiquito. After going to Las Iguanas however, I won't be going back. It's far more authentic and the tastes are far superior. My only criticism is the price of cocktails, I had a margarita and although clearly made with the best of igredients, it's hard to stomach paying £6.30 for a drink to accompany your meal. Saying that, you need to go to experience how a Mexican meal should taste.

Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times since if opened and have always enjoyed it.
I recently went for my birthday and had the churrasco fiasco. It's great I loved it and the cassava fries.
The cocktails are all really good ... I've had better sangria but it's fine.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for something other than an Italian or Indian. It caters to all. My 75 year old gran loved it and she is very fussy.
I've recommended it to lots of people who have all really enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

We visited here during the commonwealth games (our second time), and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The food is excellent and the menus cater for every taste including veggie and vegan.

The restaurant was very busy but staff were still attentive and pleasant.

Will definitely be back again.

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family a party of seven, visited las iguanas on Tuesday the 25th of August 2014. After a long wait for our drinks order we were parched, but then the same happened again, we had to wait almost 20 mins for some one to come take our food order. Although the staff were nice enough I could not believe how long we had to wait for our food to come, 45 mins approx, very slow service not good enough I'm afraid. The corn on the cob starter was nice, but my burger was not very good but worse were the chips they were like match sticks, absolute terrible the worst chips I have ever had so thin and over cooked. Do yourself a favour do not order the chips. The best thing was the drinks. I won't be back to this place. Very slow service, the worst chips ever, and the food was not great in general. Hopefully someone will act on this and up there game

1  Thank jim382
LasIguanasHQ, Guest Relations Manager at Las Iguanas - Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Thankyou for your feedback .I`m very happy that you enjoyed your drinks and the hospitality of our staff, but I'm sorry to hear that you had to wait longer than you should have for your food and drinks to arrive. I'm not sure if you let the team know that you were disappointed with some of the dishes you chose but we would always encourage you to do so, so that we can offer an alternative dish at the time. At Las Iguanas we prepare almost all of our menu fresh from scratch. We even make over 30 sauces and salsas in our kitchen daily and I would like to assure you that at Las Iguanas we are proud of our fresh food menu and our fantastic chefs who helped us to become one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for 2013. I would like to put you in touch with our area manager to find out a bit more and I would be grateful if you can drop me a line with a contact phone number and your name and trip advisor ID so he can give you a call. My email is liz.woods@iguanas.co.uk. Liz- Las Iguanas