“Good Chinese Food”

yen at the rotunda glasgow
Ranked #1,049 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Good Chinese Food”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We visited the Yen restaurant while visiting Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games. Food was really good, service was fast and the value was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant and I would definitely pay it another visit!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank PojeManx
Christina372, Manager at yen at the rotunda glasgow, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. They are greatly appreciated here at Yen and we do hope to see you again soon.

Fife
“Top Chinese restaurant”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Four of us paid our second visit to this restaurant situated on the Clyde under the iconic Finnieston crane on the Clyde. Booked a table way in advance and asked for a window table and although the restaurant on the night was almost full, we got a window table - top marks for that. Food was delicious, staff are friendly and efficient and the restaurant has a good ambience.
Purpose of the Glasgow visit was the Eric Clapton concert - the one where he stomped off the stage due to technical difficulties - spoiling the night for thousands of people. Might be time to hang up his guitar and take up something without technical difficulties - knitting?

1 Thank saabsolutely
Christina372, Manager at yen at the rotunda glasgow, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Yen, it was our pleasure to accomodate you, particularly as you had been here before. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the food, service and the ambiance of the restaurant, but shame about the concert.!!! Hope to see you back again soon.
“Great Before heading to The Hydro”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

If you want a nice quick Chinese meal in busy, but nice surroundings, prior to walking across to The Hydro for a concert then this is the place for you.

The staff don't mess about. It's in and out as quickly as possible for them. Very fast and efficient.

Was there in June 2014 and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

1 Thank Carole B
Thank you for your review of Yen, I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal with us before going over to the Hydro. We always enjoy getting feedback and we hope to welcome you back again some time soon.
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Speedy Service, great attention to detail”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Went to this restaurant with 3 friends before attending a concert at the SSE Hydro (which is across the road). Very busy car park, and just managed to get a space.

The restaurant itself is large and was packed on the evening of our visit. We all chose the pre-theatre menu, and were surprised by the range of food on offer - there were plenty of choices that we all liked, even for the fussy eaters amongst us.

The service was very quick - just what we wanted for a pre-concert meal. From sitting down to starting our first course, it was barely 10 minutes. The main meals were around 20 minutes after that. If this was a romantic meal, then the service would have been too rushed, but for the purpose of a meal before a concert, spot on. The food was hot, portions were a good size.

The restaurant was geared, certainly at the time of our visit, to providing a fast service specifically for concert goers. I can't comment on what service would be like on a non-concert night or during the day.

One small but great touch - the background music was from the artists that was performing at the SSE Hydro. Apparently they do this for all meals where there's a performance next door (and I'm sure that the SECC and Armadillo).

I certainly will be back next time I'm attending a concert.

1 Thank HighlandExile47
Christina372, Manager at yen at the rotunda glasgow, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for your recent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us and that you liked the fact that as far as possible we feature music from the artists playing at the nearby venues, we feel that this is an integral part of making a memorable evening.
I hope that we are able to welcome you back again soon.
Girvan, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing ”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Visited Yen prior to attending concert at the Hydro, booked table three days prior and we were looking forward to it all week as menu looked appealing. Service was good, food was served quicker than expected considering how busy it was (which is good, as concert was two hours away). This was all let down by the special curry and even more so by the price. I have honestly had better tasting curries from pre packed supermarket products. For £14 I was expecting a decent sized portion of a good quality curry, what we got was the exact opposite. As my wife and I chose the same dish it would appear they were cooked in the same pan, problem is the chef couldn't evenly divide from here, I ended up with one piece of chicken and a few prawns, my wife had the remainder in her dish. Starters and deserts were fine, just experience let down by overpriced excuse for a curry.

Thank you for your review, however I'm sorry you were disappointed with one of the dishes. I have passed your comments on to the chefs, as our team always enjoy receiving feedback, good and bad. I am pleased that you found the service and the rest of your meal to your satisfaction and I hope you will return. Thank you again for your comments.