Clifton Hotel
Hilton Glasgow(Glasgow)
$111
$104
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$86
$83
$75
$54
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoran morbotanic gardenswest endgreat western roadfour posterchest of drawersserved quicklycity centremain roadscottish breakfastbusy roaddouble bedsubway stationwould definitely stay here againconvenient locationbeansstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2012

...but that is it. Location was great for my stay as I need to be near Oran Mor for a wedding, the room was clean but dark and under the stairs to the main entrance in the basement so people smoking outside meant the room smelt of it. Not much room in the bedroom and you had to squeeze past the bed and the table to get to the window and to make a cup of tea. Not many staff around and can't say I felt all that safe.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2012

As I write I'm 2 nights into a 3 night stay while in between houses and I have to say that so far, so good. Great location at the top of Byres Rd next to the Botanical Gardens and perfectly placed for the delights of the West End. Room was perfectly adequate and spotlessly clean, with what looks like a brand new bathroom (as some redecoration was taking place I suspect some upgrading is going on?). My room is at the rear of the hotel and perfectly quiet at night.
I find the lady at reception to be cheerful and helpful,
Can't say I've seeen many of my fellow guests and nor have I experienced breakfast as I go to work at 6.30am but the aforesaid lady did offer to sort out some cereal for me if required.
Parking (free) available for around 5 cars at the rear of the hotel.
All in all very good value for money for travellers on a budget or people visiting sons/daughters at university in the city.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear (I had room 21) are probaly quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank shug358
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We ended up here after our not pleasant arrival at the Kelvingrove Hotel. This B and B had a nice room, and it was clean and very spacious for the room. The food was good, cooked Scottish breakfast. We liked the proximity to the Botanic garden - across the street. ALso there were many places to eat within a few blocks. The on and off Bus stop was also at the Botanic garden so very handy location. It does face a busy street and our room faced the front. However even with the windows open we had no trouble sleeping. There is a Night club across the street - but was only loud in early part of evening. A very nice, affordable place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed for one night on a weekend in July 2012 with two friends. We had a triple room (one double and two singles) for just £81, including a cooked breakfast.

Despite its proximity to a main road, we found the noise not to be an issue, even though our room faced that road. Rooms facing the back, away from the road would be much quieter.

The room itself appeared to have been recently refurbished. All beds were comfortable, the room was spotless and the bathroom was very modern and clean.

All the staff we encountered were friendly.

The breakfast served in the morning was tasty, and there was an option for veggies, plus continental and/or cooked breakfast.

The hotel is right next to the Botanical gardens, at the end of Byres road so a whole host of walks, shops and restaurants are right on your doorstep.

There is a small car park right at the back of the hotel for off-road parking, but there are only a handful of spaces.

All in all a great place to stop over if you need something basic.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My mum stayed in this hotel during my graduation. Overall, she was pretty happy with the place, it was clean and warm (the heating was on! very appreciated. Even though it's summer the weather was crap, even by Scottish standards ;).

The hotel is on a very noisy street, so would not recommend it to those with sleeping issues, however it;s my personal opinion as my mum slept very well and didn't complain at all. she also enjoyed her Scottish breakfast included in the price.

the staff was an OK, two receptionists with strong Glaswegian accents, speaking really fast and rarely smiling :D quite a challenge for people coming to Glasgow for the first time :D

Overall, it was not a bad stay for the price of £39 a night with breakfast and all day heating ;)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo