“Black Bear Milkshake legitimate request Catastrophe”

Premier Inn Glasgow East Hotel
Ranked #42 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My Friend and I went for a meal To the Black Bear Beefeater. Have to say the food we got was excellent. Massive drawback was the first impression when I was asked what I would like to drink at the Bar with my meal by a staff member who will remain unnamed. It went something like this- Me:"do you have any milkshakes?" staff(sneering):" naw, eh you want one of those and Mcdonalds is round the corner, he!"
There was also a totally rude female at the bar joining in with the mocking of a customer who made a legitimate request, not that it was any of her business. I had to walk away from the bar in disbelieve. Out of order!!!! There were also children welcome so I know when I was a kid I loved milkshakes so I presume they were not available to them either. Poor first impressions and no apologies. I would not go here to get the bad stuff of the staff again. Shocking behavior to someone spending hard earned cash. All I can say is I am Glad I was not a Guest of the Hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Piperlaird84
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Glasgow East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service and I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we have failed to achieve this. Please email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will ensure this is followed up with the Management Team. Thank once again for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Booked to stay here whilst attending a wedding. Booked 2 nights to ensure immediate access to our room on arrival (about 11am) as travelling with a small baby. No problems on arrival. Spacious room with the cot already set up for us. The staff in hotel and restaurant were all lovely during our stay.

We got back about 8pm and once the baby was asleep, one of us went to restaurant, who although don't offer room service were more than happy to tin foil our plates to take back to the room, which was a great help. The bed was comfy and the room had a fairly large sofa too.

Had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning. Overall, the food was very good quality and very well priced for both dinner and breakfast. Only paid £44 for 2 nights (Fri and Sat) so we couldn't complain for the price...... will stay again if I can even get close to that rate.

Parking is also free and we had no trouble finding a space.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Premier inns are my favourite one night stopovers. This one was excellent. The room is large, newly furnished, and very comfortable. As always the bed is large and extremely comfortable. Love the firm and soft pillow choice. Bathroom was good size and well lit. Water was very hot, but with poor pressure. There was a 32inch flat screen TV (Samsung) great picture. Adjoining pub was welcoming, with good choice of food and drink. The only time I would avoid staying in Premier Inns in the UK would be in hot weather, as there is no A/C and windows only open slightly.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Really nice surprise, excellent value, great food, lovely staff and a great price on the advance booking. We found the hotel easily from the motorway and were given a warm welcome by the receptionist. The room was great, spotless and warm. Food in the Beefeater attached was really very good, nice steak and a good selection of beers all at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My third visit here - rooms are all the usual PI standard although they do boast large flat screen TV's - staff all smiley & friendly.

I've always enjoyed my dinners here, but can't find a time when breakfast is right. On this visit I had two breakfasts - one I was brought sausage instead of bacon & the 2nd morning the room opened late (only about 5 mins) and the only option on egg was "scrambled".

This PI (and there are quite a few in the area) is perfectly situated for Hamilton and Glasgow and ideal for the motorway network - I may just try GLASGOW (Bellshill) PREMIER INN next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Thank Elli.b
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed four nights and over a weekend and found it very quiet and comfortable. Convenient to get into Glasgow Centre by free park and ride just down the road at Uddingston Railway Station - less than 15 mins to Glasgow Central.

Breakfasts good and Raymond in the restaurant brought a cheery smile to the morning - all in all a friendly Premier Inn

Would certainly go back..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

As Premier Inns go its ok, Dinner was ok and Breakfast less than ok. Eggs not cooked well. On the whole it was just OK. Location Good and easy to use the train into central Glasgow. Large Car Park and easy to find

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family