“Highly Recommende”

Premier Inn Glasgow (Cambuslang/M74, J2A) Hotel
Ranked #24 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Fantastic location and very friendly staff. Despite being next to the motorway, it is very quiet! The welcome received on arrival was fantastic. Will consider again for next trip to Glasgow. The room was spacious and comfortable for the four of us plus a cot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Service is good - friendly. Bed is nice with a choice of pillows. Shower is awful - dribbles out. TV is a little old. Extractor fan noisy. Restaurant adjoining is nice and friendly with a wide selection of food.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

First of all before I hit the negatives, I would say that the rooms are very clean and the staff were excellent! BUT......

We travelled from Cleethorpes up to Glasgow for a funeral the following morning. This was the first time we have stayed at a Premier Inn. We are in our early 60's. The Inn was situated at Cambuslang. We were all fairly tired by the time we had had a meal and got to our room around 9 pm. We decided to have a shower to freshen up. I had my shower and was surprised to find that only one large towel and one small hand towel was provided, even though they knew that two people were to be in the room. So once I had had my shower, I then had to get dressed again and wander all through the corridors to reception to ask if we could please have 2 more towels. You may think, why not ring reception and ask them to bring them to us - but they don't have phones in the rooms! So any little problem that may occur, you have to walk along to reception to report! I wanted to wash my hands at one point but the container attached to the wall was hanging loose and didn't seem to have any handwash in it. I reported this in the morning when we left to attend the funeral, we were out until about 8 pm but it still hadn't been fixed.

In the morning some of the relatives joined us for breakfast before we headed back down south. Two of us wanted porridge and had only half eaten it when all the cooked breakfasts appeared. The breakfasts were served on nearly cold plates and it therefore didn't take long for the breakfast to get cold which made it most unenjoyable. I attempted to make some toast which resembled normal toast, but the machine only virtually warmed it up and very lightly toasted it, but if you put it in twice it was black with smoke belching out from the machine! They need to get this set to a setting which nicely browns it, not just warms it up. Also, the hot water for making tea were just in large pots, not an urn, so the water was not as hot as it could be, and by the time the water was poured into a cold porcelain pot, then poured into cold porcelain mugs the tea wasn't very hot at all. The choice of cereals and fruit was very nice. I am glad I decided not to have a cooked breakfast because like most people I like the contents to be nice and hot and served on a hot plate. I stayed at a Travel Lodge at Penrith once with my husband and although the rooms are pretty basic, they are adequate and the breakfast was lovely. So this will be my first and very last stay at a Premier Inn unless the management can assure me that not all Premier Inns are like this one! As I say, the staff were lovely, could not fault them at all.

One last niggle, when the bathroom light is switched on, a noisy fan or something goes on and on and it takes about 20 minutes for this irritating noise to stop. Surely this could be set to a shorter time before it goes off, it was so annoying I couldn't concentrate on my book until it stopped, and I even had to put ear plugs in to try and dull the sound. Really annoying!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scotemr
Reviewed March 4, 2013

You just can't beat them for value for money - 2 kids with us and they love the on site restuarant - Yes you get what you pay for but as far as value for money is concerned they are the best around. Granted there are far better hotels however if you are travelling with kids and working to a budget it's spot on.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here after a gig at the academy. Reasonably close, we had the car but if we didn't then I wouldn't go here! The hotel itself is really a standard premier inn. Room was clean and tidy and there was nothing untoward. It was actually quite a large room which was surprising. The receptionist was helpful but unfortunately the pub which is attached closes at 11pm! Not great when you arrive at 11.05! We paid £29 for the room which was a bargain. Check this hotel out if you have your own transport, otherwise I think it might be quite difficult to get to!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here on Friday 8th Feb 2013 for £58. I've stayed here several times in the past and have to say it wouldn't be fair to review it based on my latest stay. All past stays have been excellent, clean comfy rooms, no outside noise and the staff are lovely.
The hotel is adjoins the Orion Pub which is great for an evening meal with cosy open fires. Breakfast is available at the pub with all you can eat for about £8.50 (just don't accidentally put croissants in the toaster, my sister nearly set the bar on fire)
I was kept awake on my latest visit by people in the room above playing music/jumping about but out of at least 8 stays here this is the only negative thing I have experienced whilst staying here. Yes, I could have contacted staff re the noise but buried my head in the comfy pillows instead!
Free parking and if you don't want to pay £8.50 for breakfast McDonalds is a twenty second walk away.
The reception has a vending area and loads of leaflets with ideas for days out in the area.

Room Tip: I have clicked swimming pool terrible but there isn't one! Couldn't unclick it