“Very nice B&B - but far away from Glasgow” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tambowie Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glasgow
Tambowie Farm
Ranked #12 of 38 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Chennai (Madras), India
“Very nice B&B - but far away from Glasgow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Tambowie farm is a great B&B but a bit far from Glasgow. Some roads were diverted when we were driving to tambowie as a result took us a lot of time to get to the place - the GPS also did not recognize the place. But once we got there, we were delighted to see the place - the views from the room are amazing - the room is huge, very comfortable and well stocked up. Hosts are very nice and kind, breakfast is good.

Would recommend it highly but for the fact that getting there can be a bit of an issue.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed at Tambowie for one night prior to setting off to walk the West Highland and Great Glen Ways. Although I was travelling solo I booked a double room with ensuite.

The property is immaculate and I had a lovely spacious double room - it felt more like a hotel suite. The room was on the 1st floor, was well decorated and had a view out to Dumgoyne on the trail that I would walk the following day.

The bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast was very good and I think that Irene and Colin, my hosts wanted to feed me more than I felt inclined - they were generous.

If on foot keep in mind that Tambowie is outside Milngavie and NOT on the West Highland Way. I took a taxi to get there initially and from memory it was about 5 pounds sterling. Colin then dropped me into Milngavie in the evening when I wanted to go to get a meal. He also kindly dropped me back into Milngavie the next morning to start my journey.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

I travelled for a week at the end of May/early June in Scotland, and my stay at Tambowie Farm was my first night in Scotland. Irene and Colin made my first night and absolute delight. From the first greeting right up to our departure, I felt warmly welcomed into their home. I had a room with a shared bathroom, but this wasn't a problem -- and the facilities were extremely clean (I've been in many hotels that could learn something from Irene & Colin!). The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was spectacular! Irene had many choices for us, but the traditional Scottish breakfast (including a fried egg, sausage/bacon, potato, tomato, mushrooms and black pudding) was a true delight! Both Irene & Colin were extremely helpful in recommending places for us to visit and dine during our brief visit to the area. The farm house is on a hill with a spectacular view -- I'd recommend staying here if you have time to spend near Glasgow! Thanks for a wonderful experience Irene & Colin...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

This B & B accomodation was one of the best establishments we have stayed in and we certainly hope to return. We stayed in the double room with en suite facilities which was beautifully decorated, lacked none of the little extras you could possibly wish for and had outstanding views of The Campsies and Dumgoyne. The breakfast was superb and our hostess made us feel really welcome. There is a good sized car park and the farmhouse is ideally situated to visit both Glasgow and the Trossachs.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Ocean View, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

Our hosts, Irene & Colin Graham, made us feel welcome from our first moment. Wonderful breakfast. I love the Scottish fry up. Clean room. Comfortable bed. Beautiful surroundings. What more could you ask for. They also suggested a restaurant for dinner that was lovely, accommodating and the food was excellent! "Partners ". I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Jetta111, Owner at Tambowie Farm, responded to this review, April 16, 2011
We really appreciate your kind comments and hope you'll manage to come and see us again next time you visit Scotland.
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

Stayed three nights here and felt very welcome and at home. Irene and Colin are very helpful and the breakfasts were superb. Will certainly be back if we come back to the area. The view of dawn over the city of Glasgow skyline from the garden was great yet this is a quiet location with peaceful nights. Definitely 5 star.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

Arrived late after driving up from London on the back of the big freeze and struggled getting through the ice on approach. Irene and Colin were very helpful salting the road at 11 oclock at night and even pushed us up the hill!!
The location is great for Bearsden & Milngave, with cracking views over the Campsies. We chose an ensuite room which was very clean, very spacious, plenty of storage and had large LCD TV for me and a hairdryer and iron for the missus!. . . there was a selection of different magazines (all the current month's) and plenty of milk to accompany the complimentary tea/coffee - just little things but the attention to detail that makes your stay more comfortable but is all so often overlooked.
Breakfasts were fantastic, very tasty - my fiance is vegetarian (and pregnant so quite fussy) but Irene went out of her way to buy in different things so she could still have a cooked breakfast.
The other guests were very friendly and seem to have been using the b&b for some time, another good sign. We stayed for 5 days and were very glad we didn't stay in the premier inn for a similar price. Will use whenever I visit family in the area (or manage to escape for a weekend golfing at the nearby Hilton course).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
The Belhaven Hotel
West End
Argyll Western Hotel
Argyll Western Hotel
#3 of 38 in Glasgow

Been to Tambowie Farm? Share your experiences!