“I'll be seeing the food tomorrow”
Review of World Buffet - CLOSED

World Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Italian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'll be seeing the food tomorrow”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Don't know where to start! Arrived at 4.40ish ten mins after opening supposedly! Now this just might be me but I assumed that a buffet was meant to contain food. We were sat in the empty restaurant and told to wait for the food to be ready. While we waited until 5.10 for a few starters to be put out we sipped on some expensive flat cokes. Having a look around I noticed the floors,walls, tables, cutlery, NAPKINS and glasses where filthy! Random people in and out the kitchen, not a clue what they were doing , clearly not cooking any food. The chef came out at one point and all I seen was filth. Maybe there is a building sight in the back. Now to the food. Or lack of. All be in there were only 6 people dining if you wanted more than one of anything you were hard pressed. Fishy popadoms, dips and dressing with skins been lieing out god knows how long. Couple of pakora and crabs claws and then a bunch of curry sauces with one or two bits of chicken. Pizza was drenched in grease and looked awful and the 'fajitas' I'm not even going to comment on.. I didn't even get to the dessert. When asked 'that was a quick meal?' I bit my tongue !world buffet more like glorified Indian , and not even a good one.
Worst place iv eaten in years.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Precisionsmurf

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We visited the restaurant on a Wednesday night so it was fairly quiet (we were the only table left by the end), however the staff kept bringing out fresh food for us. I asked if one of the dishes contained meat and was immediately asked if I was vegetarian. On saying I was, the waiter asked what dishes I would like as my main course and brought freshly made dishes out to the table. Nothing seemed to be a bother for them and I was very impressed. The food was nice and I will definitely be back. Highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The staff are professional and very friendly, there's a good atmosphere and the decor is tasteful. I had a vegetarian curry brought to the table and it was one of the best I've had. The buffet food is topped up regularly and the staff work hard to ensure nothing lies and everything is fresh. Very tasty! Definately worth a visit, we'll be back.

• Visited March 2014
Glasgow
“Good value”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was our first visit and it will not be our last :-)
Cannot thank the staff enough from start of the evening until we left very friendly.
Food was lovely and fresh the staff where always topping up the dishes threw out the night.
Well worth another visit.

Visited March 2014
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Exellent value buffet lunch £6.95 with a personal touch”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Went hear for lunch with my fiancé and the whole experience was enjoyable not long opened. everything was hot and fresh owner doesn't fill containers up full so he can keep a steady stream of fresh food anything you need just ask the owner I asked for pizza and was made freshly a spicy chicken pizza which was thin and crispy not like the usual stodgy offerings elsewhere and for £6.95 for lunch was good value will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2014