“Very nice tapas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fino

Fino
Ranked #770 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Glasgow
“Very nice tapas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had a pre-theatre meal here in June 2014 and really enjoyed it. The staff were really friendly and attentive and we were stuffed after three tapas each. I was especially pleased as a vegetarian that there was no issue in ordering a veggie option of one of the meat dishes, and it was all really delicious. Definitely recommended for anyone going to the SECC complex!

Visited June 2014
Miguel Angel E, Manager at Fino, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful recommendation, I am thrilled you were so happy with everything on your evening. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and do pop in again sometime.

Lincoln, NE
“Fun, Exciting Food - Beautiful Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is the first time I have experienced tapas, and I'm certainly in favor now. Three of us ordered seven selections and could barely finish them! Our meal began with roasted whole almonds and green olives (not overly salty) and a selection of Iberian dried, cured meats that were bursting with flavor, including the shaved Iberian ham, which was buttery soft. Ask the manager for a wine recommendation. He paired our food with his best red wine, which was deeply flavored, mellow, and delectable. Our favorite tapas were the haggis and black pudding ones topped with quail's eggs, and also the chorizo, which made me remark that (despite the many times I have purchased chorizo in different markets) I had never had real chorizo before. We also enjoyed the full-flavored lentils, delicate white fish, paella, and soy-marinaded chicken tapas. Don't skip the desert here. We managed to try two: The sauteed pineapple on rum sponge cake was out of this world. The brownies were tender and crumbly (not annoyingly sticky) with just a bit of sweetness and a dark cocoa flavor. Then we capped the meal off with sweet liquors, including the surprising taste of Zoco, a cherry-herbal liquor that I swear I have found a new use for. I plan to empty the "Nyquil" cold medicine bottle and refill it with Zoco because it will do a better job of putting me to sleep with a smile, even when I have a cold. After our evening at Fino, we felt as though we literally had to roll home on our full, rounded bodies. It was an amazing experience.

Window seats give patrons a lovely view all around the perimeter of the restaurant. Don't be surprised if you find the restaurant either full or completely empty, as it is no indication of the quality of the food. Rather, the location near the Hydro, causes the Rotunda (and its three restaurants) to become brimful after events or leaves it lacking in attendance because it is located on a short, industrial street without through traffic.

• Visited June 2014
Miguel Angel E, Manager at Fino, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to compile such an extensive review of your evening here with us at Fino, what a wonderful review and an absolute delight to read. It's always great to know which dishes our customers enjoy the most, and we take pride in offering wine to match food and are pleased that it's appreciated. We are very lucky to have such a lovely view over the Clyde, and we feel that this adds aesthetically to the enjoyment of the restaurant. Thank you for posting this review and hopefully we will be welcoming you back in the very near future.
Singapore, Singapore
“My first Spanish food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Lovely tapas..which is actually small portions of food served in cute utensils. 3 dishes from choice of 12 items from the menu cost £9.90. The portions are small and if you have more people, you can try as many items on the menu.
I personally like the salad which is really yummy. Those who can drink in our group said the sangria was excellent!
We ate quite a bit and the bill came up to just £52 for 4 pax. Value for money.

• Visited June 2014
Miguel Angel E, Manager at Fino, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Fino, we are so pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience with us. The recommendation is a bonus and the team will be delighted with this feedback, thanks for sharing it with us.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We visited very early evening, the food was great, and very well-presented. Excellent, friendly service. It was VERY quiet when we were there, though. Hope this is because it was so early on a rainy Monday evening, as this restaurant really deserves to be busy!

Visited June 2014
Miguel Angel E, Manager at Fino, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of Fino, I am delighted you enjoyed the food, presentation and service. It can get very busy, especially on concert nights, so I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon, perhaps on a busier night.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful setting, fantastic, authentic food. All staff are Spanish as were a lot of the customers. Can't wait to go back! Impressive!!

Miguel Angel E, Manager at Fino, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I'm happy to see that you appreciate Fino. I will certainly share your review with the whole team and pass on your wonderful comments and I very much look forward to welcoming you back.