“Tapas to die for”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fino

Fino
Ranked #770 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Marsden, United Kingdom
“Tapas to die for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

three of us turned up out of the blue and got seats with only a short delay on a saturday evening. The food was marvelous service was excellent, and great value for money, One of the diners was a vegetarian, and they had no problems finding more than enough dishes to eat.

One of the best spanish restaurants I have eaten in.

• Visited April 2014
Miguel Angel E, Manager at Fino, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review, it sounds like you had an enjoyable meal with us. Your comments on the food and service are greatly appreciated and I'm glad the vegetarian diner found they had sufficient to choose from. I hope that we are able to welcome you back soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We visited Fino before going to Hydro arena. Location could not be more convenient. Food is absolutely great and very well presented. Tapas brought to a table as soon as prepared and not all on one tray, so doesn't get cold. Staff are very helpful and polite, especially one spanish (?) lad, unfortunately we didn't ask the name (07.05.14 17:30). Would definitely recommend and visit again.
P.S. try pineapple rum dessert.

1 Thank bosikas
Miguel Angel E, Manager at Fino, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of Fino. I'm so very glad you found the food, service and details to your liking. Thank you for also mentioning your Spanish waiter Victor, this is great encouragement and it's always nice to be appreciated, so of course I will be sure to pass your comments on to him. I hope that we are able to welcome you back again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious and authentic tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Visited with my Mum for her birthday and was not disappointed!! Lovely chilled out vibe, and the best tapas in Glasgow. Special wee touches make all the difference.... Complimentary olives and nuts when we arrived and petit fours with the bill were a delight!! Every dish we ordered was fab, but the chorizo and the beef parcel were the highlights. We will definitely be back!!

1 Thank Sarahjane671
Miguel Angel E, Manager at Fino, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a favourable review of Fino, I'm so pleased that you and your mum were able to join us and that you enjoyed it so much, especially the little extras which we believe add to the experience. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very good tapas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten tapas in Barcelona, Madrid,San Sebastian,Santander and other places... This compares with the best of them. Fresh and well prepared . Particularly liked the quails eggs and morcilla and the prawns in garlic and peppers.

1 Thank Carol K
Miguel Angel E, Manager at Fino, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you very much for your great review, it's always really nice to know which dishes our customers enjoy the most. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fino soon.
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Good but not worth the climb”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I'd rate this "good" rather than "very good" if that were an option. We liked the ambience, the staff were very efficient and charming and some of the dishes were very good. The tortilla was weird though. I've eaten tortilla in places all over Spain and have never had one like this before. It was baked, rather like an egg custard with bits of potato in it (but not enough potato). Not much flavour and a very brown colour. We did opt for the soft version. Perhaps we should have chosen the other option but the waitress said the soft was the authentic Spanish version. The pumpkin and blue cheese soup was very tasty but I'd have liked it piping hot in a bowl rather than luke warm in a jam jar. The chorizo sausage dish was excellent as were the filo minced beef parcels. The crayfish tempura batter was a bit stodgy. To be fair though, the waitress had warned us when we ordered it. The Spanish "French" toast with poached pears was very nice. The chocolates they served with our coffee were gorgeous. Our bottle of tempranillo was good.

On the day we visited the lift was out of order so I had to walk up and down three flights of stairs - not good when one has arthritic knees. I felt the meal wasn't really worth the climb. I preferred the asian restaurant we'd visited the day before on the first floor. I might have liked Fino better without the climb.

• Visited April 2014
Miguel Angel E, Manager at Fino, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to feedback after dining in Fino as it's always good to know which dishes our customers enjoy the most. I can only apologise for the lift being out of order on your visit and I hope that this would not put you off from returning to Fino.