“Perfect Day Out”
Review of The Butterfly and the Pig - CLOSED

The Butterfly and the Pig
Cuisines: Bar, British, Seafood, International, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Inverkip, United Kingdom
“Perfect Day Out”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Came here for my cousins 21st for afternoon tea and we were so happy with the food and service. Waitress told us all the options for the sandwiches that were available and asked about dietary requirements (shellfish allergy). As it was my cousins birthday we wanted to make it perfect for her. We were all served with a glass of champagne to start off the day and then sandwiches and scones arrived later. The service was excellent and the food was to die for! The scones were delicious. So glad we all came here it made my cousins day amazing and we may possibly go back for my 21st!

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Wow! This is a very good restaurant!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a nice evening meal during our trip to Glasgow. We walked by the Butterfly and the Pig and decided to give it a try. The interior is eclectic yet very homey and comfortable. The staff is excellent, fun and efficient. We had drinks on our table in less time than it takes most restaurants to seat a party. The menu is a fun read and the food choices are quite appealing. My wife had the steak pie the first night and I chose bangers and mash. Both meals were wonderful! I knew the steak pie was excellent when my wife only offered me one tiny taste from her plate. My meal was hot and tasty, very enjoyable. We shared a sticky toffee pudding with ice cream and it was simply amazing, a treat I highly recommended. Now for the embarrassing part……………………………..we went back for dinner the following night! My wife had the steak pie, again. I had an excellent sirloin steak with chips, vegies and a tasty gravy/sauce. I ate everything on my plate. Of course we followed the meal up with another round of sticky toffee pudding. We cannot wait to return!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, great pub !”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Just left Kelvingrove museum and found the place.. Amazing food.. The fish pie was just terrific and my boyfriends pork was really tasteful ! We are really happy with the friendly service..but kind of finding the warm beer weird.. Maybe because we are Brazilians used to really cold and light beers..
Amazing place !
Go for it !!

“Family friendly for afternoon tea”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Took my family here today for afternoon tea and we were all really impressed. The staff were attentive and friendly particularly the girl who attended to us - would have loved to give her a personal mention as she was great. Nothing was too much bother including moving a table to accommodate my baby's pram.
Afternoon tea was a plentiful supply of delicious sandwiches, oatcakes and home-baking. The 2 vegetarians and 2 fuss-pot children in our party were well catered for.
This was our first visit to the west end venue and look forward to returning soon. Thanks for a lovely afternoon!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea - fantastic!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Freshly prepared food in generous portions.Smoked salmon oatcakes, variety of sandwiches, scones and 'homestyle' cakes. Delicious! Staff are friendly and attentive. A really warm and welcoming experience.To be recommended.