Tripadvisor
Glasgow

“Average food for the price”
Review of Bread Meats Bread

Bread Meats Bread
Ranked #124 of 2,775 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award Winning Gourmet Burgers, Sandwiches and Poutine. Local Family- Owned Restaurant using Ethical, Scottish produce.
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

We arrived at midday for a quick lunch, I had the Pastrami Burger and Maple Bacon Fries. The Pastrami Burger just felt as if it had way too much going on. The cheese was too rubbery and hard to eat and the bun was far too big for the burger. I ended up having a few bites then having to just eat the fries as it was too much. The fries however were perfect. Enough maple syrup and plenty bacon. The main problem with this restaurant is the lack of space. We were sat at a table for two with one of us on a bench against a wall shared with other tables. It was incredibly cramped for each person and the bench was not even sturdy. I struggled to move comfortably and enjoy the meal, it ruined my experience. The lack of drink choice in terms of beer was also poor and didn’t taste great. Atleast one tap of Tennents or something other than craft beer would be nice.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,676)

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Great food and superb staff. To be fair it's a wee bit overpriced due to seating. I don't mind paying £14 for meal like that but when it's a crowd of people looking at me wanting my chair I feel a bit uncomfortable.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Went for lunch on recommendation of a friend. Am not a fan of sharing big long tables. Had buttermilk chicken burger. There was nothing wrong with it...it was just ok.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal here. Burgers where very tasty. Very Friendly and helpful staff. Worth a visit.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 22, 2019 via mobile

I came here expecting a cheap, quick burger however ended spending £14. It certainly wasn’t bad, good service and very tasty food.
Perhaps I’m unlucky, or the chefs are just incapable but my chicken burger was pink! I alerted staff but my concerns were dismissed. I left the shop £14 poorer, with the thought of me throwing up in the toilet lingering above my head.

Date of visit: December 2019