I stayed for one night in Glasgow at the Premier Inn George Square while travelling north to Fort William. I caught the Glasgow Airport bus to Queen Street railway station and from there it was a short level walk along George Street to the front stairs of the hotel. These were quite steep but as I did not require any assistance, I didn’t notice if there was a separate entrance for disabled travellers. On booking in you were required to use one of the display consoles, and although this can be intimidating, the friendly, helpful staff were there to assist. This was my first stay at a Premier Inn. I found the room, bed and shower room to be spacious, and everything looked very clean. The bed was as advertised: comfortable! The hotel is ideally placed to access the many bars and restaurants of the Merchant City and is also a short walk on the flat to Buchanan Street and the other shopping and leisure areas. Breakfast, which wasn’t included, was reasonably priced and it seems it is a standard Premier Inn one wherever you are in the U.K. Well I suppose it keeps the cost down and it was tasty enough. There are of course many other options not far from the hotel. In conclusion, a very good traveller’s hotel, boosted by cheerful and efficient staff, and one that I will use again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right by trendy Merchant City, the Gallery of Modern Art and the majestic Glasgow Cathedral ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (George Square) Hotel Scotland