“Excellent place to have a quiet coffee”

Laboratorio Espresso Cafe
Ranked #13 of 77 Coffee & Tea in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to have a quiet coffee”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

minimalist decor, friendly staff, excellent coffee and several kinds of very good cannoli. Great place for breakfast or mid-morning coffee.

Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“5 stars for the coffee alone”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I needed decent coffee this morning, I was missing home (Melbourne) and yearned for the coffee that was abundant in my homeland. My in the know friend told me about this place and said it would not disappoint.
The coffee was ground whilst I waited, right temp, beans not burnt, perfect froth and ahhhhh the taste of the beans took me right back to little italy back home.
I thought it would be pricey, it wasnt...regular £2 and large £2.40, lovely little cafe cakes and pastries in the display too. And I noticed they melt their own chocolate for hot choc.
Staff were had a genuine friendliness about them and were very efficient.
If you want real coffee, give it a try, it wont disappoint.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Patricia C
“Great coffee”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Another good addition to Glasgow's growing coffee shops. 2 shot standard, good temperature, the right size and a glass of water with it. Very good service and friendly staff. Will try the pastries next time as the looked very appealing.
Another strike back at the vente/large offerings of the other so called coffee shops.

Venice, Italy
“Strong and Small, Divided Opinion.”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Visited one sunny day to get our daily double shot and at least one of us wasn't too disappointed with our fix. There's no doubt that it's small and this seems to have rubbed off on to the food as well as the 1 size coffee. My normal size macchiato was sublime, with subtle overtones of bitter raspberry chocolate and the 8oz Americano was a double with a dash of acqua. Strong, small and possibly not to everyone's taste, inc. J's, especially if you're into Costa type coffees.

The food selection includes mini pastries and Cannolis at £1.50 each and unnecessarily small paninis at £4.50 to £4.75 ish. I think the panini prices are a tad above reasonable, but reserve any more judgment until tasted. However, I'd probably be inclined to delve into the creamy cannolis first.

I loved the decor, charcoal tile, wood and faux polished concrete walls giving a modern, clean architectural feel, but warming too. Although J's first comment was that the seats weren't comfy and the space between the seat and static table was too wide. Ok, so coffee great for me, but not for her, I dug the concrete effect walls, but she picked holes in the layout. However, we both agreed that the staff were top notch, I think?

• Visited June 2014
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Both my boyfriend and I LOVE this little coffee bar. Best coffee in Glasgow and fantastic service. Couldn't be happier.

1 Thank Amy B