“Like Wethersoons, but way more expensive”

Clydebuilt Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #1,336 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Clydebuilt Bar & Kitchen is conveniently located at the front entrance of the SECC. With its contemporary industrial design, laid back soundtrack and spectacular views over to The SSE Hydro from the bar and View, it really is the perfect place to and enjoy the pre and post show atmosphere. 'Walk In' Food is available in The Bar and The Kitchen and View areas are available to pre book via our website. Enjoy Clydebuilt.
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Like Wethersoons, but way more expensive”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I visited Clydbuilt bar & kitchen on Friday 2nd May prior to attending a concert at the Armadillo. Arriving around 5.45 the place was quite quiet and my friend and i quickly established the set up, find a table, order at the bar, pay at the bar and wait for your food.
Reasonably efficient but it seemed that it was shift change time and service was a little slow.
The food came quite rapidly, was hot, and very tasty. The waiting service was very friendly and efficient. So why only 3 stars? Simple, it's like Wetherspoons without the value for money.
Captive audience springs to mind, but having said that, it did what it said on the tin. I would go again if i was attending a concert at the SECC Campus as it's now known with it's multi venue site.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Matey2010

Falkirk
“Avoid! A good idea cheapened with greed”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

On our first visit we thought this was a great idea, limited menu but good quality and fast service, ideal if you are off to a concert

However, second visit wasn't as good, service was all over the place. Third visit was exactly the same, even had a waitress asking if we were sure it wasn't our order!! Worse still, the Aberdeen Angus burger that my fiancée had previously enjoyed seemed to have been replaced by what can only be described as a frozen burger from Iceland!!! It was clear that the menu quality had been cheapened, but the prices of course, stayed the same. A good idea, but poor service and greed has ruined it, and the inability of Clydebuilt to answer a complain sent via their website just makes things worse! Poor customer service!

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Great pizza”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stopped here for some pizza and a few drinks before STC show. Tasty pizzas, cooked fresh and service with a smile.
Some of the other bar food like burgers and sandwiches etc looked plentiful and tasty too. Nip in here before a concert or whatever as it's as close as you will get to the venue.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Vazbo
Glasgow
“Pretty disappointing”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had been singing the praises of this restaurant for pre-concert goers and on 17th April 2014 I took my husband before we went to the theatre. He had not been before but this was my third visit and I'm afraid to say I was very disappointed with the whole thing. We had burgers which were very pale in colour and were more like "sausage meat" and really tasted more like pork than beef. The first time I had a meal in clydebuilt the burger was a single one and it was thick and beefy and very tasty, came with nice burger bun etc. what has happened, now all the beef burgers are "double" which is too much, why not give the option of single or double as before. Also, we were seated down the right hand side of the restaurant squashed in with the other five or six occupied tables when the rest of the restaurant was virtually empty. They will need to up their game and get back to previous beef burger supplier if they want returning customers. Also, the house italian red wine at £18 a bottle is not cheap and not very good. When you think of all the new world red wine available to chose from they could at least manage a decent house wine for that price. Sorry, but not impressed anymore.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank fedfanGlasgow
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Awful cheap food for an expensive price”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Me and my boyfriend went to the restaurant before a concert at the hydro. The location is the only good thing about this place. We were served by a friendly member of staff and our food arrived rather quickly. I ordered the hummus and my boyfriend ordered the coca cola ribs. The hummus was ok but you get a very small pot for the amount of chopped veg they give you. The ribs were not very tasty and a bit on the cold side. For our main course I ordered the caramelised Hallumi salad and my boyfriend ordered one of the burgers. The food arrived with in a good amount of time, the burger was presented well on a wooden board but the taste of it was disgusting. The burger was so thin it reminded me of a McDonald's burger, it was pumped with water and tasted of nothing and was just about warm. We assumed it was just a frozen burger like the ones you can buy at your local supermarket for four for £1. The only difference was that this burger costs £13 ... Absolute joke! My salad consisted of... Leaves just leaves drenched in dressing and a few pieces of Hallumi cheese. No tomatoes no cucumber just leaves and cheese :-/ at the bottom of the bowl there was a pool of dressing that the leaves were swimming in. The cheese was not grilled properly as it was still very very hard, usually Hallumi cheese when grilled goes a little softer and the flavours are released and there was nothing caramelised about it. This bowl of leaves, cheese and a full bottle of dressing cost £8. I didn't eat hardly any of my salad and my boyfriend left half the burger. We did not have time to send the food back ect. When the waitress came to clear our plates she asked us if everything was ok with our meals, we told her that the service was good but the food was not nice at all and it is way over priced ... And so on. She relayed with 'thank you for the feedback' and that was all.
We will not be returning to the Clyde built, feel free to try it but you are better off going to a burger van or McDonals.
If you need to nip to the loo half way through your meal, do not bother as your food will defiantly be cold. The toilets are a bit of a walk away.

• Visited March 2014