“Really Fun and Quirky”
Review of Tempo Tea Bar

Tempo Tea Bar
Ranked #417 of 2,429 Restaurants in Glasgow
Description: We sell Bubble Tea! At Tempo Tea Bar we want to bring a fresh, friendly and enjoyable experience to your time and taste buds. Like great music there are so many genres, so many gigs and thrills to choose from. Our bubble teas give that same feeling of fun and surprise: each one is a unique experience. Our doors are open to new things, come join the tea revolution!
“Really Fun and Quirky”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I had a milky strawberry tea with mango boba. The boba idea and the thick straw seemed weird but when the little bubbles pop in your mouth it is amazing. They tasted so fruity and overall with the milky tea tasted pretty fresh. There's a few seats but mostly it's a place to takeaway. The menu process initially looks confusing but it is layer out well in stages so that it is as clear as possible. I will definitely be back to try different flavour combinations.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Declan C

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Popping good!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Situated in the centre of Glasgow you will find a lovely family owned business, which gives Glasgow a breath of fresh colourful air! If you have never tried Bubble Tea before then you are in for a treat. The friendly staff will walk you through the process of picking the flavours for your drink and will tell you about the history as well. The fruity and tasty flavours will make your tastebuds dance, which is suitable for the musical decor within the shop. Music lovers will revel in the fact that Tempo supports local bands by having a 'Band of the Month' and selling their merchandise on the premises.

I recommend keeping a eye out for the flavour of the month - in December I had the Forest Gateaux and even though it probably had half my daily worth of calories in one cup, it was worth it!

The company has already been praised by Glasgow STV and various online review and I do not see them stopping there. Great things will happen for Tempo, I just popping know it :)

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Beebs_6
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Adorable tea shop with fun music concept!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The bright colours of this place brought us in, and inside has a nice musical theme to it, with cute things to look at in all the shelves. Having never tried bubble tea before I was unsure what to have, but the girl behind the till was really helpful in advising my 'Composition'. I ended up with a passionberry tea, which was really tasty. For the size of the drink the price is reasonable too. Definitely worth a visit, even if just to try a bubble tea. We are now converts!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank OysterWorld123
Scotland
“No more Tea Bagging!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Tempo Tea Bar is a quirky new cafe, bringing bubble tea to the mainstream. Located on Queen Street, it is conveniently near shops, restaurants and bars in the heart of the Glasgow City Centre. My understanding is that bubble tea is a relatively unknown product here in the UK. Originated in Taiwan, it comprises of a tea base blended with either fruit or milk. As the name suggests, the drinks contain large pearls, which are either chewy or burst to reveal further juices. What surprised me is the shear magnitude of choices available. The drink is very modular, in the sense that the customer picks whether to opt for a milk or fruit tea, what tea base to have, what the flavours should be and then what type of pearls (or bubbles) to have. The results are several dozen possibilities of teas; all of them delicious but there is bound to be one that will be a firm favourite for everyone. If all of this sounds a little overwhelming, not to worry, as one of the shop's walls illustrates the full number of options available to make it simple to order a specific beverage. Even if you are not a tea or coffee drinker, these drinks are very refreshing and easy to drink.

The cafe also supplies a range of snacks and gifts (i.e. a "no more tea bagging" T-shirt). Furthermore, they also support local bands; selecting a "band of the month" and selling their CD. The owners have decorated the cafe well, utilising quirky lighting and props. The cafe does have limited seating, so customers can choose to drink inside. I would recommend it, as Tempo Tea Bar does have charm and character for such a little cafe. I understand that they also produce seasonal specials and celebrate unique one-off nights (i.e. K-Pop night). Therefore, there is a lot going on to keep customers coming back.

I know whenever I'm in Glasgow, I'll be visiting Tempo Tea Bar again. Prices are reasonable (£2.95 and £3.45 for a regular and "irregular" respectively). I have a loyal-tea card to max out and claim my free drink! I wish the owners every bit of success for the future and look forward to seeing such a cafe in my home town.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Bisclimpkit
“OK but not great”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

It's exciting that Glasgow now has bubble tea on offer (outside of the Savoy Centre) and I was really keen to try this, since I always get it when in London or abroad. But I found Tempo a bit of a let-down. They didn't seem to have one of the electric tea shakers everyone else uses, and the server mixed my drink by hand instead. I ordered a milky taro tea and this meant the powdered taro didn't mix properly, so it had a rather chalky texture. The day I went the tapioca pearls were a bit undercooked too, but I do find that varies from place to place and day to day. I'll definitely try it again to see if things have improved...

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank AnastasiaDuck
Andrew B, Public Relations Manager at Tempo Tea Bar, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Hey there Anastasia, I'm part of the team that runs Tempo Tea Bar. Glad you decided to pop in and try us, and we're sorry our drink didn't match up to what you've had before. We're always looking to perfect our mixing method using great feedback from customers such as yourself, and the mixing machines are one of the things we are considering for the store. I've dropped you a PM with some more details.