“A Wonderful experience”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I were visiting friends in Newton Mearns, Glasgow. It was decided we should visit a new Indian restaurant in the area.
We booked for Thursday 13 February 2014. The building has been almost totally upgraded, both tastefully and to a very high standard.
We were met by Tony. I am not sure if Tony is the owner or head waiter. Either way he is a man of presence who made us instantly feel at home. Please ask if there is anything we can do for you, he advised.
It was a buffet night. The cost was £10.99/ person.
The food from starters to sweets were superb.
From Memory there was a selection of some 5 - 6 starters. The mains were far reaching in tastes. A favourite curry of mine, a Dhansak, was not on offer at this time. As a very attentive waiter was near, I said as much. May I get a portion for you, he asked. God, no I said, it was merely an observation. It is no problem I'll get it for you. And he did!
The sweets were quite wonderful. A class above anything I have ever had at a buffet.
It must be said that the staff were a delight.
On leaving, we all had a great chat with Tony and the young lady who was behind the bar. Both were friendly and charming, showing interest in us as people and not just customers.
I can thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Tourist01Escocia

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Well what I can say.....absolutely amazing. We arrived around 7.30am and was seated upstairs near the buffet. The food and the service was amazing and the value was excellent too. The waiter Heera was really friendly and showed us around the buffet. He also offered us complementary drinks which was very nice of him and we will definitely be back.
Thanks
Mya

Reviewed February 5, 2014

The old Mall has been transformed into a funky and modern Indian restaurant. We went with our two kids (6 and 10) for the buffet on a Friday night and the service and the food were excellent. The kids were welcomed and we didn't feel like lepers like you sometimes can in restaurants at night. The buffet was good value for money, was well stocked and they even offered to make you anything else you wanted for the same price! I had a look at the a la carte menu and although it's not as extensive as other indians I have been to, I would definitely go back to give it a try. They have a great private dining area and a cosy wee bar too - great for a night out with friends!

2  Thank nicthechick28
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing! Great food,service and general atmosphere. Would highly recommend. Much better than any other like restaurants in the area.

1  Thank zacg2010
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went to this Indian expecting very bland food.
I was wrong ,the Main Buffet had a great choice with at least 9 different options(lamb ,Veg & Chicken).
The starters were great too. Chicken Chaat was super as was the pakora.
We were offered a free drink once asking for the bill which is a nice touch.
Staff were great and very helpful.

The only flaw is the temperature in the place, far too hot. They need to sort the air con before the summer comes.

1  Thank markof69