“Chiquitos is dead to me”
Review of Chiquito

Chiquito
Ranked #866 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Chiquitos is dead to me”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

On Wednesday 14th August 2013 my partner and I went here for breakfast, we got seated at 1050 hrs and at 1145 hrs we left having reached my breaking point waiting on 2 breakfasts. Only 2 other tables in the building were occupied and 1 of those tables the staff were sitting at, the staff got served their food first while paying customers like myself and the other couple waited.

They cannot be excused for being busy as they had 2 tables to cope with. I even refused the offer of staying and eating for free I was that furious.

Also had a similar experience with the chiquitos in Hamilton. This chain is now well and truly dead to me.

3 Thank Jjwc_87

Sotland
“First time at Chiquito's”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

First visit to this restaurant chain and was ok could've been better however I put that down to teething problems as it has just opened...

Staff were friendly enough was overcharged thou on drinks which added to the frustration,service a little slow and menu could be improved.

Had the cod cooked in mango on a bed of fried veg which was somewhat different and rather tasty, however food the menu very limited.

Was given a 20% discount by the management for my next visit nice gesture but not sure if i would return until fully established.

Coatbridge, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Disappointing food”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Thought we would give here a try after a days shopping at the Fort. This restaurant has only recently opened so we were expecting something special. The starters were presented lovely and tasted very nice but not anything special. The main courses, my OH had enchilladas which again tasted ok but "very plain" and "had better in non mexican places " was the verdict on them. I had veggie chilli which was very disappointing. Dry and very bland with many of the beans looking quite shrivelled. It really didn't taste or look like a chilli at all. My son loved all of his meal. There is a very nice relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant, the service is great and the staff are very friendly, its the food that is the only big let down. I will probably be persuaded by my son to return and since its friendly atmosphere is quite attractive we'll give the food one last chance, but it really has a long way to go.