“Great place”
Review of Nippon Kitchen

Ranked #176 of 2,568 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Modern Japan meets old Glasgow in this cool and contemporary refurb of a Grade A listed City Centre building.Authentic Japanese food made using fresh locally sourced ingredients and served in a relaxed and informal setting.Serving crisp tempura, mouth-watering noodle dishes, the freshest sushi, handmade to order, and much more.A true taste of Japan in the centre of Glasgow.
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed this place. Mhairi served me and was superb in every way. Sushi was great especially with the chilli oil mixed with soy sauce. Lovely meal.

2  Thank TheFoodCriticUK
Nippon_Kitchen, Manager at Nippon Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thanks so much for your review, it's always great to hear from our customers.
We take great pride in our sushi so we are thrilled you enjoyed it.
Thanks again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We've had a lovely time there with the best Asian food I've never had before. The service is very good too. I'll definitively return.

1  Thank Laurent M

Thanks so much for your review! We're so happy you enjoyed yourself.
We hope indeed that you have been back since reviewing and have enjoyed yourself just as much.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This place was great, service was excellent and the food was probably the nicest Japanese food I've had in the UK. There were 3 of us and we shared a chicken bento box to begin, the tempura was hot and delicious. My ginger duck with soba noodles as a main was amazing! Much better than anything I've had in Wagamama, which is way overrated and is next door to this place. The only thing is it was a little lacking in atmosphere, but probably understandable as we ate there around 5-ish. Would definitely go back next time I'm in Glasgow!

1  Thank Shellag87

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review, it's very much appreciated.
The duck ginger noodles is one of our favourite dishes, we're so pleased you enjoyed it!
We hope you have since been back to sample our dishes, and that things were a little more lively for you - we sure do get busy and there's a great buzz when we do!
Thanks again,
Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Visited here for the first time, ordered favourites - miso soup, sushi, mixed tempura - all foods I have had quite a few times before, so know whether they are good or not - they were good, will definitely be visiting here again to have my favourites & try a few new ones from the menu as well. Found it to be very good value for money & was one of the cheaper meals I have eaten in Glasgow!

1  Thank Sunny017

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review.
We're thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and hope that you've been back as promised!
We take great pride in serving fresh, authentic Japanese food with unbeatable service, and it means a lot to hear from our customers, and is so heartening to hear that they love what we do.
Thanks again,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Wandering down from Buchanan Galleries in search of a half-remembered pub, we saw the Nippon Kitchen sign and ducked up the steps to look at the menu.Thirty seconds later we were being greeted and seated with a surprising 'irasshaimase' from the (Scottish) waiter: it's always a good sign when there's a steady stream of expat Japanese diners in a British Japanese restaurant.
The menu's just about right - a good balance of noodles, rice, sushi and grilled meats - although I was a bit disappointed to find no okonomiyaki on there, given the mainly street-food bias.
I ordered the ramen soup with pork, which was really, really good, even allowing for the spicy base (I asked for the shoyu one), with meltingly soft fat, wonderful seaweed and spinach. Well-made chicken gyoza were a perfect accompaniment.
My partner's maki and nigiri were well done, but not fantastic: I love sushi, but I've seen better.
We paid £36 for a good plate of sushi, the noodle soup and the dumplings, plus a couple of bottles of Kirin. In short, go - definitely go - and expect great food, but not memorable sushi. Did I mention that you should go? Because you should. Really.

2  Thank Gavin_the_Mule

Thanks so much for your review, we very much appreciate hearing from our customers.
It's great that you ducked in to try us and we're thrilled you enjoyed the food. We aim to continue to improve upon everything that we do, so do come back as our sushi is of great pride to us, so we'd love you to experience it again.
As to the okonomiyaki ; watch this space! We like to keep things fresh by trying new dishes and specials so keep up to date with us on Facebook (nipponkitchenglasgow) to hear about what we're up to.
Thanks again for the review, hopefully you've been back to try the Shoyu - apologies for that.
Kindest Regards,