“Delicious Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nippon Kitchen

Ranked #83 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modern Japan meets old Glasgow in this cool and contemporary refurb of a Grade A listed City Centre building.Authentic Japanese food made using fresh locally sourced ingredients and served in a relaxed and informal setting.Serving crisp tempura, mouth-watering noodle dishes, the freshest sushi, handmade to order, and much more.A true taste of Japan in the centre of Glasgow.
Scotland
“Delicious Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had never tried Japanese food until last week when this restaurant was recommended to me. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but I was very pleasantly surprised. First impressions is that it is set in a a lovely old building, second was how friendly the staff were and third was the delicious food. My only disappointement was (and nothing to do with Nippon), we were on a tight scheduled to get to the theatre and I could have spent longer choosing and savouring different foods from the menu. The staff recognised we didnt have long and were very good in getting our food out quickly. Oh well, just need to go back again!

1 Thank WeeBurnie
Nippon_Kitchen, Manager at Nippon Kitchen, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thanks so much for your review.
Experience is everything to us and we are so pleased that you were impressed with our staff and food, as providing our customers with the best possible experience is our only goal.
Feedback is very much appreciated so thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We hope you'll be back in soon to see us, and when you do you have more time to enjoy more of our menu.

Annan, United Kingdom
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My sister has been going on about this place for ages so when I decided to come up to Glasgow for a wee visit I insisted she take me there for dinner. My 66yr old aunt decided she was coming along too as it was her birthday but she was a bit apprehensive about eating here as she had the usual misconception that it would just be all raw fish lol :-) We immediately spotted the sake cocktails and promptly ordered them, I had the Lychee Martini (OMG amazing!) my aunt and sis had the Ginger Martini (delicious). The staff were great, really attentive without being intrusive, so we had plenty of time to peruse the 2 menus, one for starters and mains etc and one for the sushi. We ordered a selection of starters to share, the pork ribs were outstanding and breaded prawns eere melt in the mouth. For main course I had the mixed sushi box including soft shell crab (stunning) and various prawn nigri all served on a bamboo boat platter :-) nice touch! Sis had the vegetarian sushi selection and the rest had the Chicken Katsu Curry, an enormous piece of perfectly cooked breaded chicken breast with a large mound of lovely sticky rice and a bowl of delicious curry sauce, really nice! My aunt was overwhelmed by how tasty everything was and is now fully converted to Japanese cuisine :-) Mind you the 2 Ginger Martinis and jug of warmed Sake she had may have helped her along lol she had to hold on to the wall outside when we nipped out for an after dinner ciggie :-) Great place, great food, great staff - give it a go you won't be disappointed!!! Just watch out for the lethal Sake :-)

• Visited September 2013
Thanks so much for your review.
It sounds like you had a great night sampling our menu and drinks - we are thrilled you enjoyed everything.
We hope you have since been back to experiment with our ever expanding cocktail list as well as our growing sake menu.
Feedback is always greatly appreciated and it's really important for our customers to experience the best of us so thank you for taking the time to review us.
We hope to see you back again soon.
Madrid, Spain
“Sumptuous sashimi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Finally Glasgow has a Japanese restaurant which delivers on all fronts! Twice I have visited and have yet to be disappointed. The menu is well thought out and caters for all, from the noodles to the gyoza to the delectable sashimi. Really impressed with this new addition to Glasgow city centre's restaurants. Wonderful and authentic,
Japanese welcome and personal service. There is an endless supply of green tea which is also a good touch! Might I recommend ordering separate portions of the sashimi instead of the combo of three as I feel you get more of a taste for the individual flavours on offer; the sushi combo is great but maybe better to mix and match with the nigiri and maki yourself! It is miles better than its chain-run neighbour! I challenge you to find a better priced and worthwhile Japanese
- I can't imagine they'll be running their 5pm deal for long!

Thanks for the review!
We take great pride in serving only the freshest of sushi and sashimi and we're trilled you enjoyed it.
It's always great for us to hear from our customers so thanks so much for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.
We hope you've been back since and will continue to visit again in the future for our 'sumptuous sashimi'!
Thanks again,
Kindest regards,
Nippon Kitchen
“Great food, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant pre theatre and had a lovely meal. We are not familiar with Japanese food and the staff were very helpful guiding us through the menu. The bento boxes are a great way to get a little taste of lots of things as is the sushi platter. The tempura is great and the soft shell crab was sensational.

• Visited September 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us.
We're thrilled you enjoyed yourselves and that you found our staff to be attentive.
High standards of food and service are incredibly important to us and we're glad that you enjoyed your Nippon experience.
We hope you'll be back to visit again soon, and thanks again for the feedback - always appreciated.
Scotland
“EXCELLENT meal & EXCELLENT service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

My friend and I visited Nippon yesterday and can say it absolutely exceeded my expectations. We booked via 5pm so were expecting to have a limited selection from the menu but we were offered the full ala carte menu. The menu is so varied and exciting I couldn't decide what to have.

All the staff were exceptional (and I don't say that very often) very knowledgeable, pleasant and attentive without being in your face.

The food was tremendous, I honestly cannot remember having better Japanese food, not just in Glasgow but full stop.

The bathroom was upstairs in what looked like a converted office area, and again I would rate them 11/10! Clean, tidy and in great condition!

I will absolutely be back ! 100%!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Weemina
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us.
We hope that any visits since have been to the high standard of your first visit, as we take great pride in the experience of our customers.
All feedback is greatly appreciated and we are thrilled that enjoyed your visit.
Thanks again and kindest regards,