“Fantastic Value, Great Service”
Review of Charcoals cafe

Charcoals cafe
Ranked #122 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I visited charcoals for lunch today (27/11/2013) and was pleasantly surprised. I couldn't believe a two course lunch was available for £4.95 and was somewhat sceptical, but I need not have been. We got a very warm welcome and the surroundings are fresh and modern. I ordered vegetable pakora to start and lamb jahlfrezi main (which wasn't on the menu but the waiter kindly offered when I enquired if there was anything broadly similar on the menu). Portions were very generous and drinks were very reasonably priced. Service was excellent - personal and friendly. The menu is not as diverse as some other Indian restaurants in the area, but there are some good picks on the "chef's favourites" and "chef's specials" that I will be coming back to try!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Went there on Monday 18/11 with a mate from work. Got their 2 course lunch for £6.95 and ordered lahori fish pakora and a chilli garlic prawn curry. We ordered obe rice and one naan between us which was inckudedbin the deal. Really enjoyed the pakora (chilli sauce was delicious too - citrusy sweet and spicy) and the prawn curry was delicious and very spicy. Muhammed, who served us, was a good laugh and warned me it was hot, I couldn't back out though!. Great attentive and friendly service from him - well done brother! :-) Told me he could put some cream in it next time to tone down the heat! A few other people were in and seemed to be enjoying their food too. Second time I've been and delighted with everything on both visits. Big thumbs up.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Both myself and my husband have dined here twice now, the food and service is fantastic. We live local and have ate at many indian restaurants within the area but this is by far the best!. Their tikka grill is to die for and all the tapas dishes are so tasty, fresh and authentic!.
A must try is the kulcha nan :-)

They currently dont have a drinks licensed which is not a problem as tesco is just across the road.
Superb value, great food and great service!- Definate our favourtie indian in glasgow!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have tried a few Indian restaurants around Glasgow but this tops them all.
BYOB (bring your own booze) was a bit strange for us at first but it does make a big difference to the bill (£3 corkage)
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
We tried Al a Carte. The food was delicious and portions were ideal. Tapas is available.
Don't let BYOB put you off, stick a bottle of your favourite tipple in a bag and get down and enjoy a delicious meal (wee shop next door sells booze)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Nice friendly staff who were attentive but unobtrusive. Food was very good and attractively presented. It's not licensed which meant we could bring our own wine - and the charge for corkage was minimal - which meant being able to drink very good wines at a fraction of the normal cost.
Overall it was an extremely enjoyable visit. We will be back

1  Thank 526DaveM