“Fully recommended- we wondered into this hidden gem!”
Review of Charcoals cafe

Charcoals cafe
Ranked #65 of 2,590 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went in last night just by chance... We walked passed and then got the sudden urge for an Indian. We were welcomed in by the staff who were super friendly and very attentive. Food was excellent... Curries are meant to be in a tapas style, however they were served pretty large. We enjoyed our selves very much... Fully recommend the bindhi and stuffed naan! Would go again for sure !

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stumbled upon this place by accident with some visiting friends and what a happy accident! The four of us were treated to a wonderful feast and any nervousness when Ali, our server and Maitre d', said 'Don't worry too much about the menu, we make everything from scratch and will make any of the dishes to your taste!' was totally unnecessary as the food that followed was nothing short of incredible. And more importantly that included working around allergies to ensure all four of us left agreeing it was the tastiest and best curry meal any of us had ever had. I am looking forward to getting back there very soon to try some of the other flavours. Oh, and did I mention how reasonably priced it is? I actually felt like we was robbing them when the bill came!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

If ever anyone thought Charcoals Cafe on Trongate would struggle to live up to the expectations set by it's big brother on Renfield Street, then think again!!! Food quality was outstanding - everything cooked fresh to order - and the new front-of-house team are every bit as efficient, professional and welcoming as the team at the original restaurant. Tapas Indian-style is fantastic - can't even start to recommend any single dish - try a bit of everything and you'll definitely not be disappointed!!! First class!!!

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We were in for dinner and had a fantastic meal, food was excellent and staff were so attentive , you couldn't fault the place , they do not have a drinks licence yet so you can Byob for a corkage charge. Would highly recommend this restaurant , it was reall good value also.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Having been a frequent visitor to Charcoals on Renfield Street, I was excited to get my first sample of Charcoal's Cafe and I'm happy to report that they did not disappoint.

I ordered the Aloo Chana Poori to start, followed by a Lamb Karahi and a Chicken/Spinach Curry (The name escapes me) - yes: two dishes! It's tapas style ;-)

It was all fantastic, especially the spinach dish - possibly one of the tastiest curries I've ever had.

Thanks to the Ali, and the Charcoals team, for a great night, I'll definitely be back soon!