“Over Hyped, Just Another Burger Joint!”
Review of Burger Meats Bun - CLOSED

Burger Meats Bun
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Burger Meats Bun our philosophy is to utilise the attention to detail, pride and constant drive for quality that has been ingrained into us through our years of working in some of Scotland's best restaurants. We focus on quality of choice rather than quantity. Heavenly wings, awesome fries & Burgers. But Better. Throw in some quality beers, liquor, a few good tunes & our brilliant team of fellow burgers and you have us in, well...A bun! At the heart of what we do is a dedicated team of awesome, artisanal supplier. In Jonathan Honeyman of the Aberfoyle Butcher we are lucky to have one of Scotland's leading 'meat scientists' sourcing the best beef out there. Paired with the finest cheese from expert affixer George Mewes and washed down with handcrafted ale from the award winning Cromarty Brewery, there are no boundaries when sourcing the best for all you burger disciples! Even our slow grown chicken & brioche buns are fit for the most avid burger aficionado. Our handwork paid off when we won James vs Burger's Best Burger in Glasgow in our first year. Our fantastic support had a massive part to play in that too and we can't thank you all enough! Well we can, by assuring we will keep striving to feed you burgers. But Better.
Glasgow, Scotland
“Over Hyped, Just Another Burger Joint!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

In order to stand out from the crowd in terms of a decent burger you have to do something really special, sadly this place is over hyped and nothing special...and I have had a burger or two in my time...!

Firstly you should ask how you want it cooked...! My idea of the perfect burger should be slightly pink in the middle, medium if you will. Yet I was not even asked and if anything it was overdone and not as juicy as it could have been. Fries were OK but I've had better...

Honestly don't understand all the hype about this place, it's an average burger joint, nothing more. Not even that cheap....at over 10 quid for a burger and fries, what is great value about that??

In summary, a decent burger with decent service but those professing to the best burger ever....hmmm??? You need to expand your horizons.....

2 Thank PilotBoy72

Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Chicken wings win it”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends last night for the first time.

Casual dining place with a limited menu.

We all had burgers and a bunch of chicken wings. The burgers were really good and moist, perhaps a little to moist with quite a lot of drip coming from the burgers.

The chicken wings were excellent, infant I would go back just for them.

Main criticism would be the glasses for drinks, no big glasses and the normal are just to small

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Workanplay
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wow The Best Burger Ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Me and my pal Eddie trooped into BMB on Thursday evening. Started of with Cromarty beer called Happy Chappy - delicious flavour - made me happy!
Burger Smoking Bacon, arrived delicious, moist, the chips heavenly, wings looked great, Eddie ate them all!
Deserts - we shared Donuts & Burger & Shake yummy
Service was great - a chap called Ben (the boss) looked after us royaly
Will I go Back to Burger Meats Bun - absolutely.

1 Thank arthurhlevy
“Better than any London burger !!!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I travel the country looking for the best burger and this is in my top 3 , there is nowhere in London that does a burger this good !!!! The true test is you can have your meat cooked rare !!!!!!!!
The only suggestion is I would of prefer a double burger !!
I will be back.

1 Thank Ourkidkurt407
Glasgow Scotland
“Thank goodness for kitchen roll!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Burger meats Bun is a recent addition to Glasgow's burgeoning burger scene. Located in a basement venue in the city centre it aims to provide a small selection of high quality favourites. The seating is a mixture of tables, booth, benches, high stools in a compact softly lit space.

Staff are young, friendly and quick to let you know about any specials in addition to the regular menu items. The menu consist of 3 burger options, a couple of chicken burgers and veggie option. Theres a selection of salads and coleslaw, fries, chili fries and and three different styles of chicken wing. A couple of novel of sweet options round off the menu should you have the room.

I had the big cheese burger and fries with Maldon sea salt. Served in a brioche bun the burger is an explosion of juicy flavour. A well seasoned patty, topped with sharp melting cheddar, crisp lettuce, tomato and a delicious house sauce, it's just the right size to tackle by hand and enjoy all the flavours in one delicious bite. The need for the roll of kitchen towel supplied to each table becomes apparent. it's impossible to eat without the juice of the burger escaping onto your fingers. Quite simply it's an excellent burger. The accompanying fries are of the skinny dark American diner variety, beautifully seasoned with flakes of sea salt they compliment the burger perfectly.

Like the food menu the drinks menu follows the small but perfectly formed theme. A good selection of beers, some of them local, cider and spirits mean should you fancy a libation you won't want for options. The service was efficient and the time waiting for drinks and the burger itself reasonable.

My burger was £7.50 and the fries another £2, in line with prices throughout the city centre for quality that is well above the average. Is it the number one burger in the city? For me Nice n Sleazy's is still top of the heap but BMB certainly gives it a run for it's money and is a welcome addition to the scene. I shall definitely return, the buffalo wings demand it.

1 Thank wellididntknowthat