“Thank goodness for kitchen roll!”
Review of Burger Meats Bun - CLOSED

Burger Meats Bun
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: At Burger Meats Bun our philosophy is to utilise the attention to detail, pride and constant drive for quality that has been ingrained into us through our years of working in some of Scotland's best restaurants. We focus on quality of choice rather than quantity. Heavenly wings, awesome fries & Burgers. But Better. Throw in some quality beers, liquor, a few good tunes & our brilliant team of fellow burgers and you have us in, well...A bun! At the heart of what we do is a dedicated team of awesome, artisanal supplier. In Jonathan Honeyman of the Aberfoyle Butcher we are lucky to have one of Scotland's leading 'meat scientists' sourcing the best beef out there. Paired with the finest cheese from expert affixer George Mewes and washed down with handcrafted ale from the award winning Cromarty Brewery, there are no boundaries when sourcing the best for all you burger disciples! Even our slow grown chicken & brioche buns are fit for the most avid burger aficionado. Our handwork paid off when we won James vs Burger's Best Burger in Glasgow in our first year. Our fantastic support had a massive part to play in that too and we can't thank you all enough! Well we can, by assuring we will keep striving to feed you burgers. But Better.
Glasgow Scotland
“Thank goodness for kitchen roll!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Burger meats Bun is a recent addition to Glasgow's burgeoning burger scene. Located in a basement venue in the city centre it aims to provide a small selection of high quality favourites. The seating is a mixture of tables, booth, benches, high stools in a compact softly lit space.

Staff are young, friendly and quick to let you know about any specials in addition to the regular menu items. The menu consist of 3 burger options, a couple of chicken burgers and veggie option. Theres a selection of salads and coleslaw, fries, chili fries and and three different styles of chicken wing. A couple of novel of sweet options round off the menu should you have the room.

I had the big cheese burger and fries with Maldon sea salt. Served in a brioche bun the burger is an explosion of juicy flavour. A well seasoned patty, topped with sharp melting cheddar, crisp lettuce, tomato and a delicious house sauce, it's just the right size to tackle by hand and enjoy all the flavours in one delicious bite. The need for the roll of kitchen towel supplied to each table becomes apparent. it's impossible to eat without the juice of the burger escaping onto your fingers. Quite simply it's an excellent burger. The accompanying fries are of the skinny dark American diner variety, beautifully seasoned with flakes of sea salt they compliment the burger perfectly.

Like the food menu the drinks menu follows the small but perfectly formed theme. A good selection of beers, some of them local, cider and spirits mean should you fancy a libation you won't want for options. The service was efficient and the time waiting for drinks and the burger itself reasonable.

My burger was £7.50 and the fries another £2, in line with prices throughout the city centre for quality that is well above the average. Is it the number one burger in the city? For me Nice n Sleazy's is still top of the heap but BMB certainly gives it a run for it's money and is a welcome addition to the scene. I shall definitely return, the buffalo wings demand it.

1 Thank wellididntknowthat

“Simply delicious burgers!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I found this gem of a place on my internet travels while craving a good quality burger, and what a brilliant find! A welcoming vibe, with a simplistic, yet passionate approach by staff. The quality of ingredients used in their burgers is so good, which is why I believe it's great value for money.
After all, you get what you pay for - I will definitely be back!

1 Thank AM1980_12
“Tasty burgers but a tad expensive”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Really tasty burgers (the beef was juicy and delicious), lovely brioche buns, pretty cool place. However, it's just too expensive too take a family there. £40 for a single-course lunch with the adults drinking water and the kids a can of coke? Too much folks...

We've been to Ketchup, the burger place in Dundee with a very similar vibe to BMB, a few times, and whilst the quality of the food is very much on par, the value-for-money at Ketchup beats BMB hands-down.

“Love Burger, Love BMB”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I work right next door to these guys. Having met the team prior to opening I had high hopes that someone might actually deliver a great burger.

First day and the burgers were juicy and full of flavour. You would also think that the service team had worked together for years as the service was flawless.

I really hope these guys have the energy and passion to be here for the long term. In fact I am heading back tonight to try some chicken wings.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Paul-Cup-Scotland
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best burger place in Glasgow by far”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've been here 4 times in the past month and absolutely love it. The staff are so friendly and attentive, the music and interior are cool but not intimidating and the food is amazing. The burgers are the best that I have ever had and the chilli fries, OMG my mouth is salivating typing about them! I can't wait to go back and try more of the menu. Love love love and couldn't recommend more!

1 Thank Fiona D