“Birthday Dinner”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Booked a table for my Dad and Aunts birthday recently. Fantastic food and service. We must have ordered one of everything on the menu.. and then some. The waiter serving our table was fab. He indulged our terrible chat after a few too many cocktails brilliantly and everything arrived promptly and correct despite our fussy requests. I know we were definitely a nightmare table, but we were made to feel very welcome and occasionally funny. Well played, we will definitely be back.

Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meat Bar - a cut above!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

A regular spot for me to eat. Service is always just right, food is always delicious and drinks are interesting to say the least.

• Visited July 2014
Lancashire
“Good food and great choice of beers”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was booked by a colleague of mine at fairly last minute. The menu choice was good and the portion sizes about right. While the food wasn't amazing it was tasty and well-presented and exactly as described so couldn't ask for much more in truth. The selection of beers was great, some I'd not tried or seen so this was a great place to start the evening.
The staff where friendly and very pleasant, would certainly go back next time I'm in Glasgow.

• Visited August 2014
“My favourite place in town”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Me and my friends came across meat whilst exploring the roads adjacent to the high street. And what a find it was! Cozy and stylish decor with a nice bar area and open kitchen. Only a fairly small restaurant so I would definitely book before a visit because it was always full. Our waitress was great, she knew everything about the food and drinks and was very friendly. The chilled glasses for our drinks was a nice touch. I ordered the French dip which was a beef brisket and Swiss cheese sandwich with horseradish, mustard and a silky bone marrow gravy. It was to die for. We returned a few more times during our stay in the city and it became our favourite eatery in the area. Would highly recommend to anyone

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I've been to The Meat Bar a number of times. I've always found the staff friendly and attentive, the food very good and the beer cold and excellent.

• Visited August 2014