“Fantastic Greek food to cheer up a miserable Sunday in January.”
Review of Frosoulla's

Frosoulla's
Ranked #476 of 2,522 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

A friendly welcome greeted us as we arrived at Frosoullas. We had been to the old restaurant but this was our first visit to the new place and it is stunning.
There are some delicious new additions to the menu but all our old favourites were there.
We had a salt and pepper whitebait and Hummus to start and they were lovely, thankfully our 6 year old was sharing as they were sizeable starters.
The choice of Main courses was fantastic and being January and diet month I opted for a bean stew with rice. It was really tasty and I would have it again if my willpower allows me to pass on the mellantzania (incorrectly spelled I know) again. My husband had the pasticcio with lovely chips cooked in olive oil. He thouroughly enjoyed it, lovely traditional Greek food. Our 6 year old had a chicken kebab and fries, none of the usual frozen chicken nuggets on offer here.
We only had room for a coffee afterwards but again it was as you would get on holiday. All in all it was so authentic we were disappointed when we opened the door and were still in Glasgow and it was a miserable afternoon.
Looking forward to another visit.

1  Thank Ionamt

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I usually try to avoid reaching a conclusive view after just one visit to a restaurant but having experienced this restaurant in its previous quirky incarnation some years ago, this was more of a revisit than a completely new experience. The new establishment certainly offered more space and comfort and the quality of the food was just as good as we remembered. (Only the cramped interior of the original establishment had prevented us going there in recent years though the kitch decor and tutti frutti connection made it fun.) As others have mentioned, the portions are very generous but this is reflected in the cost of the main courses. I found it impossible to finish my stifado but then I did have a large plate of whitebait to start. Unless you have a huge appetite it's worth bearing portion size in mind before you choose a starter. The service was friendly and fast - owner and manager in attendance - but a little more space between starter and main course would have been welcome for aforementioned reasons. We were the only customers as it was very early evening. I'm afraid the rating can't be 'excellent' because despite our early evening visit we were not offered the pre-theatre menu that I now see from the website is available 5 -6.30 p.m. Our bill for two courses with a bottle of water and one large glass of house wine (no room for coffee) was £44. The pre-theatre option could have provided considerable saving on that and it's annoying that it was not offered. However, overall good food and a good range of vegetarian options means that we will definitely return together or separately with vegetarian friends.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We've been here a couple of times and have always been impressed - we loved the little restaurant, and were initially sceptical when they moved across to the larger premises they're in now, however we were worrying unnecessarily!

The food here is authentic, delicious, and the portions are HUGE! We decided a trip to Frosoulla's would be the ideal start to our New Years celebrations, and (wisely!) decided to just have a main course otherwise we'd have been stuffed and slept through the bells!

If you like seafood, I highly recommend the king prawn and scallop saganaki....gorgeous!

The restaurant is beautiful, the food is wonderful and the staff are so welcoming and friendly - they really can't do enough for you. Frosoulla's is definitely in my top 3 Glasgow restaurants and we'll be back asap!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Just had a lovely meal for two -
Greek salad: crisp, refreshing and soft cheese:
stuffed mushrooms: good flavour, crunchy with tasty cheese:
Moussaka: creamy and tasty:
Kleftiko: soft savoury meat - just as it says in menu!
Super service - can't be faulted!!

Will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Just visited the new restaurant across road from old one - still has fantastic atmosphere - all the food is always delicious and even though the portions are huge you can't stop eating as it's so tasty! Usually always get the mezzi - fantastic!