“CENTRAL AND TRENDY”
Review of The Arches - CLOSED

The Arches
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Arches Cafe Bar and Restaurant is the perfect stylish spot to seek solace from the hustle and bustle of Argyle Street. With all our menus comprised of fresh, locally sourced products, it's ideal whether you want to relax with a quiet coffee, share a leisurely lunch with friends, or indulge in a sumptuous three course dinner over a bottle or two of top quality wine.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I went with my girlfriend on a deal which made the price of the meal particularly reasonable for what we got ! We ate off the Pasta and Burger Menu which had ample choice and when it arrived the food was lovely , and was served promptly and with a large smile by the friendly waitress ! All the staff were particularly friendly and attentive . We had wine with our meals which was fine and included in the deal but the drinks menu appeared to be reasonable and quite interesting with cocktails as well as the usual choices . The restaurant itself has a comfortable atmosphere whilst also having a trendy feel to it ! All in all I would certainly recommend this restaurant and have myself used it on more than one occasion . It is also very central and couldn't be better placed for buses and trains .

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Met a friend for lunch and was surprised at how empty the place was. There were no gluten-free options except to have the burger without the bun. No atmosphere to speak of but waitress was pleasant. Don't think I'll be back any time soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

This place is fab. Really gorgeous space with relaxed cafe bar and slightly more formal restaurant.
Excellent menus with classic dishes made to a fantastic standard alongside really interesting market menu. Everything is fresh, homemade and delicious. The staff are lovely. Easy going and relaxed space for a great meal or drinks.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I visited this restaurant for the 1st time and was pleasantly surprised. The staff are lovely, so pleasant and helpful. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. The surroundings are bright and airy.

TheArchesCafeBar, Manager at The Arches, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We're glad to hear you liked the fish & chips! we look forward to seeing you again. The Arches Cafe Bar Team x

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The restaurant in this theatre and bar complex under the arches of Glasgow's Central Station is large but at least reasonably quiet early in the evening pre-show. The food was generally average and my partner's bean burger really too stodgy and I would say inedible. I chose better and found the food OK. Service was quick and efficient and friendly.

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We're sorry to hear you didn't rate our bean burger and I'll pass that onto our kitchen team. We hope to see you again soon. The Arches Cafe Bar Team