“Relaxed atmosphere, rude staff member”

Polo Lounge Glasgow
Ranked #175 of 218 Nightlife in Glasgow
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

Had a great night here with friends during a weekend in Glasgow. Loved the atmosphere and the layout of the club. However, there was a member of staff who served me the wrong drinks. Everyone makes mistakes, but the way this was handled left a sour taste. He'd mixed my spirits with lemonade, not Coke - but when I asked him to change them he refused - claiming it was my fault as I'd ordered the wrong thing. I hadn't, we'd been drinking vodka and coke all night, so there's no way I'd have said lemonade. He said I would have to pay for them regardless, even if he changed them. At £24 for the three doubles, I couldn't afford to argue, so just settled for the three drinks we never wanted. Actually they weren't too bad, but his attitude stank.

1  Thank Lee P
venue_support, General Manager at Polo Lounge Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2015

We strive to accomplish service to a very high standard therefore it is important to us that we accommodate this feedback.We focus highly on customer feedback and urge our customers to speak to us if something is not to their satisfaction.I can confirm that the management at Polo are looking into your comments. All feedback from our customers is essential for the development of our business and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.You can contact Polo direct at polo@g1group.co.uk or our customer services team at g1customerservices@g1group.co.uk

Kind Regards,

Polo team.

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Was very surprised about how clean and spacious it was inside Really enjoyed my night here, selection of drinks was great, staff were really friendly, decour was cool, plenty of seating and I like how there were a variety of rooms that you could go in and out of. One of the classier places I've been.

1  Thank David B
venue_support, Public Relations Manager at Polo Lounge Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2015

Hi

We strive to accomplish service to a very high standard therefore it is important to us that we accommodate this feedback.We focus highly on customer feedback. All feedback from our customers is essential for the development of our business and I would like to thank you for your review.

Thanks

Darren

Reviewed October 21, 2014

not my favourite gay friendly club at all. Seems to attract people with ideas above their station and I find the staff a bit stand-ofish. Not a great atmosphere either and lacks the enjoyment for me.

4  Thank Keith G
venue_support, General Manager at Polo Lounge Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2015

Hi Keith,

We apologise you have not enjoyed your Polo experience.
If you plan to come back in the future, please contact polo@g1group.co.uk and we will do our best to ensure you enjoy your night.

Kind Regards,

Polo Team

Reviewed October 20, 2014

personal experience i have been on a thurs nyte x3 and the bouncers(security) r very welcoming
i normaly wear sports gear just ma dress scence and dont get judged thankfully not like the other club not just me they seem 2 judge alot ps (axm) no go ....
music on a thurs is kind ov camp, girly music and old music aka abba and u get alot of pink
u can heer same song up2 4 times per nte like last wk lol had to leeve early on 2 occasions
no dissing the club because its nice , staff = bar, toilet attendant, ps spotless bogs :) and alot ov aftershave n extras if u need them
drinks r cheep suppose its ok if u want to get out house for few hrs and chill
wouldnt reccomend it as a night out wld say its like a night sat at home
maybe wkd is diffrent then again u have to be a member as been told on few occasions
will have to ask if u need a membership as i know a few ppl that have been nocked back at wkd even although there sober lol ...

2  Thank Allan M
venue_support, General Manager at Polo Lounge Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2015

Hi Allan,

See more reviews
Reviewed October 9, 2014

Recently visited Polo Lounge for first time in quite a while. Had a good night and was pretty busy but seemed to be pretty busy with what looked like underagers (only being 25 myself). The atmospher is the same as always and good place if you want to get steaming and enjoy yourself but couldbe doing with a little bit of a clean up.

The fact that there are 4 differnt bars make it great fo different tastes in music, each bar hiving its own dance area.

Used to go constanly when I was younger but I have found other venues that accomodate more to my personal taste although I will be back at some point.

Would recommend to anyone who has never visited Polo before as each person shoudl experience it.

venue_support, Manager at Polo Lounge Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2015

Hi Sean

We strive to accomplish service to a very high standard therefore it is important to us that we accommodate this feedback.We focus highly on customer feedback and urge our customers to speak to us if something is not to their satisfaction. All feedback from our customers is essential for the development of our business and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.You can contact Polo direct at polo@g1group.co.uk or our customer services team at g1customerservices@g1group.co.uk