“Breakfast”
Review of The Plum Tree - CLOSED

The Plum Tree
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Glasgow
“Breakfast”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I no longer enjoy the sort of constitution that would make beans a sensible breakfast food, so my 'full Scottish' was ordered without that one of Mr. Heinz 57varieties.
That said the 'Almost Full Scottish' was exceptionally nice. It was particularly heartening, in a city where they seem to enjoy turning bacon into inedible leather, to find a place where they cook it to crispy perfection.
Opposite, the Administrator thought her cocotte eggs could have done with a little longer in the oven.
This deli-diner goes on adding value to the Merchant City.

1 Thank Glaswegian60

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“poor staff :( :(”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

i was in plumtree for dinner with my husband , was shocked to say the least about how the female manager spoke to her female chef and young girl kitchen assistant i presume, not very nice manner at all and certainley will not be back which is a shame as the food was cooked to perferction

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank angie d
Joanne T, Owner at The Plum Tree, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hello - I have spoken with the Manager and we are both confused by your feedback.

We don't have any female kitchen assistants and rarely have a female manager on Dinner Shifts. Can you advise when you were in for your meal as it's not clear to us how we have been left this feedback.

We take all feedback seriously and appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts. Thank you also for your positive comments on our food.

Kind regards
U.K.
“Poor Service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We visited this restaurant for lunch a few months ago and were impressed by the food and the service. Yesterday we were back in Glasgow and remembering how nice our last visit had been, we went back to The Plum Tree. The restaurant had 8 people in it, which wasn't a lot for a Saturday at 6.30pm, but we soon found out why. The waitress arrived with the menus, and within 6 or 7 mins of arriving we had ordered the charcuterie board and received our drinks and then we waited and waited, after 35 mins my husband, who could see the kitchen from his seat, noticed that they hadn't even started on our order, although everyone else in the restaurant was eating. We asked to cancel our order and just pay for the drinks and the waitress hesitated before saying yes, the chef glanced over at our table to see what had been consumed, but seemed totally unconcerned that no food had been produced for our table. The waitress handed us the bill without saying anything, we paid and left. An explanation or an apology as to why a cold dish from the fridge should take so long to arrive, would have been appreciated. I don't know if perhaps the restaurant has changed owners in the last few months or perhaps the manager was on holiday, but Im sure it won't be open for much longer if the service that we received yesterday continues. It was a very disappointing visit and we certainly wouldn't go back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank UKlibby
Joanne T, Owner at The Plum Tree, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us at the weekend, particularly as you had enjoyed your previous visit so much.

Unfortunately both the Manager and I were not in this weekend, but am aware there were some issues with a particular member of staff. Without going into details, that situation has been dealt with - however, I am sorry it impacted on your visit with us.

If you would like to contact me directly on jo@theplumtree.uk.com I would like to offer you a full explanation.

Kindest regards
Jo
Glasgow
“Full of Apologies - Empty of Steak”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I had a good experience at this restaurant back in January but last night I had booked for their Steak dinner offer on 5pm, but when we arrived at the restaurant they told us that they weren't expecting us and that they had no steaks left, this despite the venue being nearly empty whilst the competition all around was at bursting point on a Saturday evening in Glasgow. We went on to enjoy another dinner at a more professionally run eatery.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank deryck
Joanne T, Owner at The Plum Tree, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your review and so sorry to hear that you were unable to have Steak with us.

In this instance you had made the booking with an online booking agent and not with us directly. The message regarding your reservation never reached us and unfortunately we had been very busy that night with our Steak deal and had completely sold out by the time you came in.

So really the negative feedback against us when the error lies somewhere else is a little unfair, and a direct email to us as a first port of call might have been fairer than using Trip Advisor to publicly mark us down for another companies mistake.

Having said that, the staff who dealt with you that night, both felt terrible that despite offering you alternatives they were unable to appease you and I appreciate you had made a special effort to come to us. If you would like to message me direct on jo@theplumtree.uk.com I would like to offer you some compensation for your wasted journey and disappointment.

Kindest regards
Jo
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food Friday”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This was not the first visit I had made to The Plum Tree in Glasgow and I was not struck by the law of diminishing returns.

The deli board to share we had was excellent with great meats, cheeses, pâté and chutneys. Easily the best £25 you could spend on food in the city.

I was a little surprised that the place was so quiet (only one other occupied table in the place, but we were there quite late) on a Friday night.

I will certainly be back again when I visit the city once more.