“Excellent for a Quick Meal”
Review of Atholl Arms

Atholl Arms
Ranked #472 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Three of us ate here recently as we were going to the Pavilion Theatre. Have had a meal here several times over the years and we are very happy with the standard of food and bar prices. We got held up in traffic on our way to Glasgow and I had to phone to say we would be late. My husband and sister in law enjoyed the fish and chips, my Cajun chicken was very dry and hard to chew but I had been told that the kitchen would hurry things up as we had been delayed. So no complaints really. We had a bottle of white wine which was disappointing as it was at room temperature though served in a cooler which made no difference. All tables were full and we probably wouldn't have got a table if I hadn't phoned to say we would be late so a very busy bar/restaurant. We will dine here again as its very handy for the theatre and the food and prices are usually very good.

3  Thank TWOWILLS

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Was in for a pint on saturday , like the majority of Glasgow pubs, cracking with friendly staff & punters

1  Thank Darren m
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were going to the pavilion later and we popped I here for some pub grub. The waitress was lovely and really friendly. I ordered a bottle of rose wine which was reasonable [£14.00]. I had Cajun chicken strips to start then steak pie and my partner had the same.
The chicken arrived and there were loads of it, it was served with a nice salad and sweet chilli dip and was delicious. The steak pie arrived and again there was plenty, it was so tasty. I would definatly recommend this bar for cheap food and drinks ideal if you out and about in town shopping

4  Thank juls2721
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Ordered a sweet and sour chicken and looked forward to it, however, my initial reaction when cutting the chicken was that it was very hard. I persevered, but thought that there must be something wrong. When the waitress came over to ask if the food was alright, I said then that the chicken was very hard! She then asked if I wanted a sharper knife!

I tried again, but decided to take the plate to the bar and say again that there was a problem. The manageress was very defensive and said that I had been offered another meal….which I had NOT. She was very belligerent and hostile when I said I would not pay for the food.

What happened to the customer service? There was none! She accused me if having an attitude, that I was wrong and that I would have to pay for half of the meal, because I’d eaten half! I said I would only pay for my drink. She charged me £3 for a watered down orange juice. Then as I was leaving, she tried to stop me and told threateningly that I was not to come back! To which I replied that I would not, as the food is inferior.

I found the bar stinking with the smell of frying and would not recommend this bar as a place to eat decent food, but the essential area of concern was the extremely bad attitude and lack of customer service.

1  Thank Norris716
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a nice wee pub. We went in for lunch during our break. The staff were lovely but our waiter was new and it showed. We waited quite a while for our food and had limited time so when it came we had to rush to get back on time.

The food itself was lovely, well presented and quite reasonably priced. I would go back again but not on a lunch break as it did take a while to come.

The facilities were clean which is always going to score a mark but timing was ages and one of our party ordered a drink which came in a small glass and was a tad expensive (all the other drinks were fine and in large glasses so good value otherwise).

1  Thank SMBSLT