“Cheap, filling and charming”
Review of Riccardo's Italian Kitchen - CLOSED

Riccardo's Italian Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Only read about this place last week and since we were off work for a week, thought it would be a good idea to check it out. The first thing that struck me was the size of the place-more like a cafe than a fully fledged restaurant. I needn't have worried as it was perfectly formed. Riccardo served us and was very relaxed and friendly. We had a long day ahead of us and wanted something filling, so we had different variations of bruschetta to start, followed by pizzas. My bruschetta came in a generous portion with parma ham, tomato and mozzarella. The other half had bruschetta with chilli and olive oil. The pizzas were a delight and the toppings were plentiful for the price. I love thin, stone baked bases and this was one of the best I had in a while. The bill was under £20 for all of the above with two cokes, which was fantastic value. The location may be slightly out the way,but for us, it was the ideal start to a great afternoon/evening spent in the up and coming Finnieston area. Give it a try!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My partner and I visited Riccardo's to try their pizza. After a warm greeting, we ordered our drinks and decided on our food. I had the tuna pizza, and my partner tried the rolled italian sausage pizza (rolatu, I think). We were both very impressed with both the food and the attention to detail regarding service and the ambience of the restaurant. We had to try a dessert and we were not disappointed. Even though we arrived rather late (around 8.30pm), the management and staff exceeded all expectations and we will most certainly return to try the minestrone soup and a few of the pasta dishes. Definitely recommend Riccardo's for their hospitality, service and quality of food!

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I've had full meals here and Riccardo has always welcomed us and served great food. Tonight we had pizza just the way it should be- thin, crispy, and full of flavour.
Wine pretty good too.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Been here numerous times since it has opened. Riccardo is an absolute gem and the food is amazing. Easily my favourite restaurant in Glasgow. Well worth it and great value. He also does a lunch special

1  Thank Stuart232
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for lunch time deal with work colleagues. Fantastic value and delicious food. I didn't want my pizza to end! Highly recommended and will definitely be back.

1  Thank GBGlasgow