“An authentic taste of Italy”
Review of Riccardo's Italian Kitchen - CLOSED

Riccardo's Italian Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

On entering the restaurant we were blown away by the clean cut, stylish transformation that this place has undergone.

We were immediately welcomed and were made to feel relaxed. Riccardo himself talked us through his menu and specials, emphasising that we could have whatever we wanted to eat, cooked in whatever way we desired.

We sensed a real passion behind the food and meals are clearly prepared freshly on the premises by people who care about food.

Each course was satisfying and represented real value for money. The attention to detail made each plate of food a joy.

The restaurant was so good that we returned the next night.

There are newer reviews for Riccardo's Italian Kitchen

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I paid a visit to Riccardo's as I've walked past a couple of times, but didn't get round to paying a visit until now.

The restaraunt isn't very big, but the interior has a stylish, contemporary look to it.

The service is good, and the waiters are friendly and serve you with a smile.

The food, however, is rather dissappointing. There is a lot of potential in this restaraunt because of the stylish interior and the good service, but the food really needs some work.

I had Bruschetta Pomodoro, which usually consists of Grilled Italian bread, with chopped tomatoes, red onion, garlic, and a little bit of pesto oil.

When the dish arrived, the bread had no flavour to it, and was undercooked. The tomatoes only had the slightest hint of garlic to them, and therefore there was barely any taste to them, as well as being a bit mushy.

I unfortunately won't be visiting this place in a hurry as the food isn't quite there yet, but there is definitely potential for it to be good. For the time being, however, I can't recommend it until there's improvement in the quality of the food.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the first time i have ever taken time out to review any restaraunt on Trip Advisor. I felt that i had to do this however or i would be doing this wonderful family run Italian Gem a total injustice!! My Husband and i had purchased a voucher for this place which entitled us to a bottle of house wine and any pizza or pasta main each for 14 pounds. We did not expect much to be honest as we often purchase vouchers and have found that you very much get what you pay for ie skimpy portions , average food etc.... I could not have been more wrong about this wee place. First of all , upon explaining to our waiter , (who i think was the owner of the establishment )that i did not enjoy white or red wine but preffered rose and asked if i could pay the extra to have this, he simply told me i could have it at no extra charge. Secondly, when the food came , it was outstanding!!! I struggle to find a good Italian restaraunt these days that uses fresh ingredients , makes every dish from scratch and serves pasta the way it should be... Al dente!!! This place ticked every box for me. I can highly recommend their Pizzas and Penne pasta.... yum!!!! My Husband and i ordered a side salad with our meal and a Baileys and an Ameretto coffee to finish. Upon leaving, i asked the waiter for the extra bill. He simply replied ... what extras did you have? When i told him, he said on the house!!!! All because i simply praised their establishment and chef. I have never experienced customer service like this with or without a voucher!!! I was amazed and i just had to share this wonderful hidden treasure with all of you!!! My Husband and i will be back and will gladly pay full price for this wonderful restaraunt!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Partner and I just home from quick lunch at this new restaurant.simple menu but delivered well. My pasta was tasty and my other half's pizza was scrumptious.Took advantage of lunchtime deal of pasta/pizza for £5. Portion sizes were generous also.Would whole heartily recommend and ideal for dinner before night out or concerts at SECC.Far superior to overpriced restaurants that are nearby.Go on try Riccardo's out!

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This new Italian has opened just around the corner from me. I thought I'd check it out for lunch. The owner is very friendly and helpful. The food, - we got a pasta and pizza dish, was lovely and tasty. I really like a thin base on my pizza, great tomato sauce and toppings. It was the best pizza I have had in a very long time. Lunch came to only £15 for 2 mains 2 drinks and a coffee. I look forward to going back.