“For a rockin' night out, this is the place to be!”
Review of Cathouse

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cathouse
Ranked #58 of 201 Nightlife in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“For a rockin' night out, this is the place to be!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Ah, the Cathouse... The place where I'm most often found on a Saturday night when I can go out for some mischief. From what I'm reading, it must truly be the marmite of night clubs. From the time I attended the unders (wow, that's over 10 years ago, how wrong is that?) to the odd weekends I turn up there now, this place has always held a special place in my heart.

The main reason I love it is that I'm always guaranteed a good night there! If you know how, you can almost always get in for free, or at the very least half price. Drinks are pretty cheap, and certainly a good deal better priced than a number of other establishments. The music is great (so long as you're on the first floor, not the emo-pop 2nd floor), and I almost never leave the dance floor! I've brought many people to the Catty that have had no great love of rock music, and they have had a blast none-the-less. The atmosphere is just fun! Most importantly, there is very rarely any trouble there from patrons, and if there is it is handled efficiently.

Don't get me wrong, I love to change it up and go to other places, but the Cathouse is by far my staple club in Glasgow. Give it a try, and with the right people you can't go wrong with this place. ^^

Visited August 2013
2 Thank ScarlettKitsune

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great music, good night.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been going here for over 10 years now. The unders (no alcohol under 18s) saturday night was my teenage haunt and i loved it, and then once i turned 18 i found the club was even better. If you dont like a song that comes on you can just move to another area/floor with a different dj, and the drinks are pretty cheap.

The only issue i have had in recent years is that it is sometimes difficult to get served as a few (not all) of the barstaff will serve friends first and have a banter before looking anywhere else, even if its 3-4 deep.

The DJs are top notch, the prices are brill and I would definately set this as the rock club of choice in Glasgow.

Just wish they would bring back the hotdog stand!!!!!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank alison1386
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Not my cup of tea!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The cathouse wasnt my cup of tea. It's very "gothic" and mental/punk time music which isn't my thing.
Went along with friends... Wouldn't go back but experienced it the once

Visited July 2012
2 Thank naburke95
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Streetlight Manifesto Concert”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great venue for dancing to the band! Bar at the back, stage at the front and the dance floor in the middle. Perfect :)

Visited May 2013