“Nice big cheap breakfast!”
Review of Cafe Taste - CLOSED

Cafe Taste
Cuisines: Soups
Description: Created to be more than just a cafe, Cafe Taste is a 'Profit For Purpose' Business Hub working in our local community, where amazingly gifted people collaborate to provide an Entrepreneurial Programme for 15-25 year olds. Mentored in business they experience an environment of learning and opportunity, designed to grow ideas, develop business skills and life skills. Our overall desire is create a community hub with a warm, friendly environment to bring people, business and the local community together through the love of good food, drink and events. So whether you pop in 'just for a blether', a wee cup of tea, some 'coffee and cake' or join in our events. We hope you enjoy the warm welcome, the friendly smiles and feeling of friendship and love in our cafe. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Come Share a cup of tea Our Cafe is warm And our friendship free
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I just moved along the road and was delighted to find Cafe Taste serving up a cheap and filling Scottish breakfast. Most importantly they include my favourite component - a slice of haggis! The cafe is really clean and airy with comfy seating. I'm yet to try lunch here but based on breakfast and the cakes I'm sure it will be just as good!

2  Thank Lewis C
There are newer reviews for Cafe Taste

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is the second time I have visited this cafe and have been impressed on both visits,the decor is clean and fresh comfortable seating complimentary papers available,service was friendly and prompt,food was freshly cooked with a nice fresh roll,I had 2 teas and a roll and sausage for £3.20 which was the best bit,can you find better.

2  Thank David B
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have ordered a couple of times from now just eat, hoping the first time I caught them on a bad day as I waited over an hour until they phoned me and told me they had just started preparing my order. However I tried again and the exact same thing happened. It's a shame because the food is good.

Cafe-Taste G, Manager at Cafe Taste, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hi lor_mck.
We apologise that we have let you down, with our delivery service, a lot of Just Eat customers are not aware that we do set an expected time of delivery and this is viewed in the order status after the order has been placed, which alters from the time shown as soon as the order is placed. Checking into the order on the second occasion we can confirm, we completed your delivery within the stated time. That said however, we are aware of the time taken to complete deliveries and currently in the process of tweaking our processes to allow for an overall quicker and more efficient service. Please bear with us while we make the changes, as we have had an overwhelming response to our delivery service.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, as we value all the feedback we can get.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Gave this a try for a quick breakfast,found the staff very friendly and first impressions were one of cleanliness.Found the seats comfortable and the menu reasonably priced.
Unfortunately we had to wait quite a while to be served our breakfast which is a pity because when it arrived we found the rolls fresh and the sausage of a high quality.
A nice wee place to sit and read the paper whilst having some coffee.Would definitely recommend on every front bar the wait time.

1  Thank greyfriarsbobby1
Cafe-Taste G, Manager at Cafe Taste, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Hi Greyfriarsbobby1 We appreciate you taking the time to review us.

We are glad that you had a relatively good experience and enjoyed the surroundings. We are currently aware of the length of time it can sometimes take to receive your order. With everything being made fresh to order this can hold things up. Please be assured that we are looking at ways to speed our process up without sacrificing quality.

Hopefully on your next visit you will see an improvement on the time taken.

Thank you again.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Came here for the first time with my family. Ordered two big tasters for me and wife. Toasties and a chicken burger for the kids. We all loved it, food was very fresh and sausages were not the standard processed meats you find in your regular meat aisle or greasy fry up cafes. Kids absolutely scoffed through their food, not a crust in sight. Service was terrific considering it is during the festive period, cannot imagine what the service would be like on a normal working day, outstanding food, excellent service. The place was also spotless and staff were extremely efficient. As with the previous feedback, you must have got off the wrong side of the bed that day! Cannot fault Cafe Taste. Well done and thank you for feeding the hungry bellies of my family on New Years Day! Will be back. Allan Crowther

1  Thank AllanCrowther73