“Nice location but food only OK”
Review of Fifi and Ally - CLOSED

Fifi and Ally
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a full Scottish breakfast with a friend which we were both slightly disappointed with. No Lorne sausage which we found unusual. Black pudding was severely undercooked on both plates. For over £7, I expected better.

1  Thank bc811

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Popped in this morning with a friend. Service was excellent, the young waitress was delightful and recommended the scones - they were the tastiest scones ever..."coconut and lime flavour" - delicious. My friend opted for the scrambled egg and smoked salmon which she thoroughly enjoyed. I must say I've seen a few dodgy reviews in the past but I couldn't fault the food or service one little bit.

I will definitely be going back and would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Visited with a friend today. We ordered 'leaf' tea, the menu described it, which was a teabag in a tiny teapot which barely gave a cupful. Cakes were dry, not homemade and full of synthetic cream. £15?? Is this the reason why they've closed the Wellington St establishment?

1  Thank lent59
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Went here for an afternoon cake and coffee offer which was reasonable value but the full prices seem a bit too expensive. Was certainly busy when we visited so maybe others rate it higher than I did. Service was okay but was noisy and hot so not the most relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Visited on an itison voucher which even at a discount seems expensive. Paid £7 instead of £15 for 2 pieces of cake and 2 hot drinks. Cafe was clean enough but little in the way of atmosphere. Most enjoyable thing about the visit was the company of my friend and the fact that it is a good place to people watch!