“Diverse Choice with Excellent Food & Service”
Review of 916 Diner - CLOSED

916 Diner
Cuisines: Indian, Italian, Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Found this restaurant last minute one evening on 5pm and just along the road from us in the West End of Glasgow.

A very varied, but unique and small choice in this restaurant. The quality of the food was excellent along with the service. I had Haggis along with Fish and Chips whist my wife had soup and then the chinese stir fry which gives you an idea of the varied choice.

5  Thank bentaylor21

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a lovely wee place and would recommend anyone to visit ....... the menu is very varied (reason why we booked in the first place.The food when it came was excellent and even with me being fussy and requesting my steak to be cooked a bit more the staff were more than happy to make sure everything was as we wanted it. We were celebrating my birthday and the staff had birthday balloons on the table which was a very nice touch.

The only down side was the toilet .... spotlessly clean but a very very odd smell not sure if it was the drains but not nice

I would visit again even with the odd smelling toilet :)

4  Thank carolinewilson73
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I arrived at my hotel two doors down and didn't want to venture out far on my own so decided to try 916. I went back the next 3 nights! Food was wonderful, staff very friendly and helpful and the price suited my budget. Fresh tasty and good value.

4  Thank Heather1604
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Myself and a friend were browsing 5pm for a deal and decided last minute to pick here as menu was varied and inviting. Cosy atmosphere inside and welcomed by a lovely accommodating waitress. We had chicken liver and brandy pâté and the haggis filo parcel to start- both were tremendous and fresh. For mains we had one of their pizzas and the beef stroganoff- the beef was out of this world and the pizza was amazing as I'm not a big pizza lovers was impressed! Even the hand cut chips we ordered were something else! This multi cuisine restaurant was affordable, delicious, and so welcoming. Even the playlist on the background was to a t! I will definitely be returning.

4  Thank HeatherC0nway
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our first night in Glasgow and we wanted somewhere close to our Hotel in Sauchiehall Street. Two doors down was this recently opened multicuisine diner. The waitress was friendly and helpful, giving us advice about local places to visit. The starters were delicious. I had little crisp Indian breads with spiced chickpeas and a yogourt dressing. My husband had scallops on black pudding. We both had a very tasty green Thai chicken & vegetable curry with coriander rice for our main. It was fragrant and warming with chunks of aubergine and pepper. My husband enjoyed the draught Cobra with his meal. Tasty food at a very reasonable price. Do try this place. It really deserves to succeed.

4  Thank Sue A