I chose this hotel mainly for the location right in the heart of Glasgow and was not disappointed. It is a short walk to either of the main train stations and an even shorter walk to many bus stops (including for the bus to/from the airport). The staff I interacted with were friendly and professional and able to answer my questions about shops and services in the local area. The room was of a reasonable size, clean, modern and comfortable. I have marked it as 4 out of 5 because of a few niggling concerns:
1. The key cards seem to demagnetise easily. I had to go to reception three separate times during a 3 night stay to get my key card re-coded. The second time, the desk clerk recommended storing it separately to my smart phone, but given that I was wearing clothing with no suitable pockets and was already storing them in different parts of my hand bag, I'm not sure what else I could have done.
2. The ventilation system seems to bring bad smells into the room. When I arrived, I was aware of a smell of smoke in my room. I obtained an air freshener and it seemed to get better, but the next day the smell was back. One morning there was also a smell of sweaty socks. The hotel is right next to a pub and I wonder if the ventilation system was picking up air from the smoking area outside the pub. The problem was mainly in the bathroom (which did not seem to have any extractor fan), so it wasn't a deal breaker and I admit that I didn't mention it to staff at the time.
3. The design of the bathroom means the water doesn't stay in the shower area. The shower is separated from the rest of the bathroom by a glass screen. This screen did not extend far enough so every morning I wound up with water just outside the shower. A longer/movable shower screen would help avoid this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Inn by Radisson Glasgow City Centre puts guests on the doorstep of Glasgow's nightlife and dining scene. Located near the financial district, the hotel is an ideal hub for business and leisure travellers. Premier attractions, train stations and the airport are close by. Relax in one of the 91 stylish, colourful and comfortable bedrooms, which include superb amenities like Free Wireless High-speed Internet, flat-screen televisions and complimentary toiletries. Enjoy an appetising meal for breakfast in the colourful restaurant. Hotel facilities also include a fitness centre so you can work out without leaving the premises. The event's staff can help visitors make the most of our 2 well-equipped meeting rooms, perfect for hosting small events for up to 40 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Rezidor, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Glasgow, Scotland