“Great location for a good hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson
Ranked #41 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I chose this hotel mainly for the location right in the heart of Glasgow and was not disappointed. It is a short walk to either of the main train stations and an even shorter walk to many bus stops (including for the bus to/from the airport). The staff I interacted with were friendly and professional and able to answer my questions about shops and services in the local area. The room was of a reasonable size, clean, modern and comfortable. I have marked it as 4 out of 5 because of a few niggling concerns:

1. The key cards seem to demagnetise easily. I had to go to reception three separate times during a 3 night stay to get my key card re-coded. The second time, the desk clerk recommended storing it separately to my smart phone, but given that I was wearing clothing with no suitable pockets and was already storing them in different parts of my hand bag, I'm not sure what else I could have done.

2. The ventilation system seems to bring bad smells into the room. When I arrived, I was aware of a smell of smoke in my room. I obtained an air freshener and it seemed to get better, but the next day the smell was back. One morning there was also a smell of sweaty socks. The hotel is right next to a pub and I wonder if the ventilation system was picking up air from the smoking area outside the pub. The problem was mainly in the bathroom (which did not seem to have any extractor fan), so it wasn't a deal breaker and I admit that I didn't mention it to staff at the time.

3. The design of the bathroom means the water doesn't stay in the shower area. The shower is separated from the rest of the bathroom by a glass screen. This screen did not extend far enough so every morning I wound up with water just outside the shower. A longer/movable shower screen would help avoid this.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank rbgs
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Hi rbgs,

It's great to learn that on the whole you enjoyed the hotel, thanks especially your kind appraisal of the staff you encountered.

Thank you also for highlighting some areas for improvement. Guest feedback is invaluable to ensuring we are doing everything in our power to provide the best possible experience for our guests.

I hope when your next in Glasgow we will see you again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

arrived at hotel bit early we thought we had 3 rooms booked but as we checked in service from ross was second to none.had rooms ready so we could go straight to room.asked what we planned to do in Glasgow as hotel so central ross had a map showing where to go so helpful.no complaints with rooms as they were spotless definatly go back again.cant complain about any of staff as go that extra bit to make sure you enjoy

1  Thank alecash1690
RossSaunders, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thanks for the excellent review alecash1690!

It's great to hear you enjoyed the hotel and service. It's a real team effort to provide excellent customer service at the hotel and it's always nice to receive such a positive mention. :)

I hope we see you all again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I thought this hotel was excellent. This is the 2nd time that i have stayed here and both times have been very good. The hotel is clean, the staff are very friendly the rooms are a good size and the free internet is very useful. The hotel is also in the city centre so we were a few minutes walk away from everything that we needed from the shopping centres and bars and restaurants. I have booked to go back for a long weekend to this hotel in a couple of months time. I would highly recommend staying here.

1  Thank Amy M

Hi Amy M,

Thanks for the amazing review!!!

It's great to know you enjoyed the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in a couple of months. :)

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Excellent welcome from reception on arrival. Very friendly and explained everything needed for our stay. Clean and modern room with everything you would need in the rooms. Fantastic choice at breakfast too. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Jenna M

Thanks for the review Jenna M!

Customer service is paramount at the Park Inn by Radisson Glasgow and it's always nice to hear such a positive appraisal.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Brilliant hotel, staff, breakfast and location. Within walking distance from the bus station and train station. Airport bus passes the door. Couldn't ask for more. Spacious room not like some where two people are squashed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank June C

It's great to hear you enjoyed the hotel June C!

Please quote TRIP14 on our website for discounted rates in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on 7th/8th March. We asked for a quiet room as it is next door to a Lloyds Bar - which is handy for eating/last drink of the evening. We were given a quiet room which was very good. The breakfasts were excellent, with everything you could want. Will stay again when visiting Glasgow.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra B

Hi sbrom1ss,

Thank you for the excellent review!

Our location in Glasgow is handy for bars, restaurants, shopping, or sightseeing. I'm glad you found your trip enjoyable and look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night whilst attending a concert at the Glasgow Concert Halls. In terms of location, it is perfect. Really central and was only about a 5 minute walk to the Concert Halls.

We had a superior room and it was lovely. Beds really comfortable and spotlessly clean. Bathroom was lovely and modern too with a great shower and plenty hot water.

The hotel is quite new and has a very "funky" design. The decor is lovely throughout. Staff are lovely and quite happy to have a wee chat with you when they have the time.

The breakfast is quite expensive for what it is, yes you can eat as much as you want and it is nice but for £10ish per person, I think it's a bit steep. We visited The Merchant across the road for dinner (2 meals and a bottle of wine for under £15) and if we had seen that before we checked in and booked the breakfast, we would have gone there for breakfast instead.

Overall it was a great stay. Clean and comfortable rooms, central location and friendly, helpful staff. Thanks Park Inn!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Samilou42

Thanks for the great review Samilou42!

Needless to say we are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and your trip to Glasgow. I hope we see you again in the near future.