“Great food and nice atmosphere”
Review of Munro's

Munro's
Ranked #503 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open Now in Glasgow's West End...a quality craft ale pub with a unique range of contemporary craft & cask beers alongside great fresh food, real coffee & fab wines!
“Great food and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We ate near on Saturday night after having it on our list as a new local to try.

We really enjoyed it, the place looks lovely inside and there was a nice (not too) lively atmosphere. Service staff were attentive as we walked in and where every attentive throughout the meal.

I really enjoyed the food, it's great value and there is a wide choice. I had the whitebait to start which was well presented, a good sized portion and tasted great. I went with the sweet potato curry as a main. Again well presented and really lovely flavours. They also do glasses of (very nice) prosecco for £3.50! The pizza was also amazing! Very thin crust and tasted better than some I've ate in Italy.

Munros G, Manager at Munro's, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hi there!
Thanks for reviewing us!
We are thrilled you had a great time and looking forward to having you in the venue again soon!

Cheers!

“The great itison swindle....”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having purchased an itison voucher , which states it can be used 7 days a week, I called to book a table for tonight. I was told that this was fine until I mentioned I was using a voucher. I was then told that they would not be accepting vouchers tonight but I could however have a table if I was willing to pay again.
The voucher clearly states that it is valid 7 days a week, I have already paid munros for a meal and there is clearly availability so what exactly the gameplan is here is beyond me. Shouldn't be running deals if not willing to honour them.

Voucher does indeed state that deal is 'subject to availability' .... from what I could gather there were tables and food available so not sure what exactly was in short supply. Way to build a reputation, treating potential customers like total mugs !

Scam! Disappointing.

Munros G, Manager at Munro's, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hi there,
We are happy to welcome you to the venue to use your voucher until the end of September, at any point, there are no restrictions placed. As the voucher suggests, advanced booking is essential and this is a requirement due to the items available on the deal. This is in order for us to ensure that each customer who books, receives the deal to its fullest potential. I will discuss the issues you have raised in your review with the team further, I believe wires were crossed in delivering this message and this should have been made clearer by our staff.

I apologise for the experience you had on the phone when trying to book and hope you can email us at munros@maclay.co.uk to discuss further. Thank you for making us aware of this incident, I can ensure you customer experience is our highest priority and we are constantly ensuring that we strive for the best.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good first impressions are important”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Visited on voucher deal and was reasonably impressed.Firstly, phoned to book a table which was successful and was informed football would be on.Good to be informed but booked anyway as we wanted a casual night.Greeted on arrival by very enthusiastic staff member who was helpful throughout our visit.Both of us enjoyed the gourmet burger and haggis pizza.This was accompanied by a nice glass of wine and a tasting of different beers.Voucher was good value for money and will return as pricing generally for their fare is favourable.

Munros G, Manager at Munro's, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thanks for reviewing us!
We appreciate all customer feedback and are thrilled you had a good time! Look forward to having you visit again soon! Cheers!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Mixed bag”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A group of 4 visited for lunch to find a very empty bar, we had made plans to try this venue so this quietness didn't affect our decision to dine here.

Our drinks and food order was taken relatively quickly, however it took a very long time (30-45 minutes) for the food to be made and served to us. This felt very excessive given the bar was not busy and the kitchen was quiet.

Personally I ordered the haggis pizza with jalapeños and it was delicious - my friends commented that the food was good, however portion sizes were a little varied when you compare a standard sandwich to the one you get if you order soup and a sandwich. However - it was a fair price all round and a nice setting.

Willing to try it again and see if this was a one off - overall a nice venue and nice food.

• Visited August 2013
Munros G, Manager at Munro's, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hi there,

Glad you decided to visit and enjoyed the venue! We are sorry that the wait was longer than it should have been, especially as the bar was quiet. We will communicate this to the team and rectify the issues! We will ensure this is a one off and value the feedback in order to improve our customer experiences.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the venue soon!
Glasgow
“Worst burgers ever.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have a love/hate relationship with this place. I love the fact it's a few minutes walk from my flat and they have tried to do something funky with the design. Comfy sofas, lights made from old tyres, standard lamps, board games etc. I hate that it is no longer The Captains Rest which was a fab venue for great new bands. The music played is a bit of a hit or a miss. Apparently the staff play their own i-pods, so it's a bit random what music is playing. I like the staff - they are friendly and knowledgeable about the beer. My boyfriend LOVES beer. I HATE beer!
I hate that there is no cocktail list here. I love a cocktail, especially on a Friday night. The wine list is sad.
THE BURGERS ARE THE WORST I HAVE EVER TASTED. How they can call them 'gourmet' is beyond belief. They are grey and processed. When I asked if they were homemade, I was told "no, but they come up in a van from Kent". Very reassuring - NOT! They tasted like frozen burgers and the chips were like frozen chips too. The sour dough bun was toasted far too much; a brioche bun would be much more acceptable.
Will I come back here? Probably, because my boyfriend likes beer.
Will I eat here again - NEVER unless they change the menu and start doing some home cooking.

• Visited August 2013
Munros G, Manager at Munro's, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We are sorry to hear that your experience didn't match what we would expect in Munros, we want all customers to enjoy every aspect of their visit. I will pass this on to the kitchen and together we will try to resolve the issues you mention regarding the burgers. We focus primarily on our craft and cask beers but want to ensure that the pub food we are serving is enjoyable and of a high standard.
We are currently working on a cocktail menu at the moment and hope to have one available in the next few weeks! In the meantime, we encourage customers to ask for their favourites and we will do our best to make them for you!

I am sorry that on this occasion your visit was tainted by the food and hope that we can welcome you back again soon. Please feel free to contact us on munros@maclay.co.uk to discuss further.

thanks!