“better than expected”

Ranked #307 of 2,411 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: NYC is a laid back dining experience that specialise in fresh cooked burgers and dogs . We have a wide range of fine craft beers and over 35 cocktails available for you to sample.
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“better than expected”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I went here on a voucher deal she had bought and I didnt have high expectations of the place to be honest.

I can now report that it was very good, I suppose you cant go wrong with a hotdog and burger but what we had was comfort food at its best.

I will return.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mccus

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Ok but wouldn't rush back”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Visited in July on an itison voucher. Food was nice enough, nothing to rave about. We were in on a Monday and place was dead. Imagine that it gets busy at a weekend as has a good selection on cocktail list but don't see me returning.

• Visited July 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
“under staffed and under stocked”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After consulting Tripadvisor for bars in the local area we came across NYC bar which wasnt getting great reviews for the food but was getting a great name for drinks. Seeing as it was just around the corner we thought we would check it out…

From what I can gather NYC bar is wanting to front itself as a New York deli and bar. The whole place is as you think, NYC themed and I noticed it did have some American Beers on tap: Samuel Adams and Brooklyn Beer. It was reasonably busy inside with most of the tables on the upper floor taken though the lower level at the back appeared empty. WE walked up to the bar and were asked if we were in for drinks or food to which we replied food. The barman said that was just as well as food was going to be well over an hour… Seemed strange as it really was not that busy but anyway we had a look at the drinks menu. My wife asked for a “Stars and Strips” and were told that he couldn’t make that because he was “out of mumble mumble” while he looked under the bar. I asked what he could make as he hadn’t been clear at all on what was missing and he said anything else. A French Martini was ordered and promptly mixed. I then asked for a large glass of Sauvingon Blanc which he looked for before saying he didn’t have any left. I was offered an alternative which im not even sure what it was but it was white and cold and filled to the brim so i took it. I was charged £7 for the two drinks which is pretty damn cheap for a cocktail and a pint of wine.

On the way to one of the small bar tables I picked up a menu to see what the food was on offer and really couldnt see anything that would add up to the 1 hour wait. While looking at that I noticed that the barman was also the only one working front of house and thats an impossible task. Tables were left untended and uncleaned, people waiting for drinks etc… Not a good impression.

The drinks were average though cheap so I cant complain about them. Another bar member eventually appeared to help out the original and tables were cleared and food started to appear on some tables. We drank up and left and caught a glimpse of a family that were clearly on the brink of despair after waiting so long and still no food on the tables. Not sure Ill be back at the NYC bar to check it out further on the basis of this visit…

• Visited August 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good Burgers in the Heart of the City”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Like a lot of reviews, I had the itison voucher too and had never been before. My friend and I went on a Saturday early evening and found NYC to be a bit bigger than anticipated. There is a back section to the venue you can't see from outside. We were quickly greeted and shown to our seats in the back of the venue.

I had the Manhattan burger and my friend had the Bronx burger. The food arrived quickly and the burgers were piled high. I gave the onion rings to my friend who loved them -very crispy. The burgers were very juicy and the fries plentiful. Overall we did think the menu was a little limited and would like to see some more combo options. I would go back with another voucher deal particularly as they offered the rare Saturday night dining option.

• Visited August 2013
scotland
“Lush burgers”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch with a friend, and was very pleasantly surprised. The food was really good.
I had a Queen burger, this is a burger wrapped in lettuce, no bun! Suited me fine, as I'm not a big fan of bread. The burger was home made and tasty, with a huge plate of fries and salad on the side. My friend had the biggest hotdog I have ever seen. She enjoyed it so much, that she took her leftovers back to the office to have later. My friend is quite a fussy eater, so this is a huge recommendation!
The service was great, and the two Guys running this place are polite pleasant and very helpful !
I really hope you do well Guys, I'll be back!

• Visited July 2013