“A hidden treasure amongst amongst many restaurants”

Loon Fung Restaurant
Ranked #696 of 2,522 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Loon Fung Restaurant is the first traditional Chinese restaurant to open in Scotland,established since 1971. Throughout the years,we have improved and added new dishes constantly: this makes the restaurant so famous both to Chinese and Scottish customers. Our specialties include traditional Cantonese dishes; hand made Dim Sum and Lobsters. Out of them all our most famous dishes are,Charcoal Grilled Barbecued Duck,hand made Ho-fan(rice pasta) and Chon-fan(rice wraps),our customers travel from all over the country and cannot get enough. Our large dinnin room(max 168 Seats) with beautiful Chinese vintage decration. Free WiFi, Sports and News showing on larger projecter screen and few HD TV. All of our staffs are very warm welcome everyone to dinning, party or celebration in Loon Fung.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I ate in the Loon Fung in Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, for the first time. I had been invited for lunch here by a friend who swore by it.
The food did not disappoint. It was superb.
There is plenty to choose from in the menu and as the restaurant caters for many of the Chinese community here, there were many things on the menu that don't feature in many of the other similar restaurants.
The restaurant is located on the east side of Sauchihall Street where every second unit is a restaurant, so it's easily overlooked as it doesn't have a shop-front presence, but once you are inside it's large and beautifully decorated.
The staff are really friendly.
I would highly recommend this restaurant and urge you to try something different.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Dim Sum lunch was fantastic and the setting reminds me of the Jumbo in HK - but with no water. Food is not cheap but certainly is authentic. I loved it before it had to close due to the fire above and I am loving it again - a very welcom return and but a country mile my favourite Chinese in Glasgow.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I took my husband and kids to this restaurant as it was recommended to me. Great food and lots of choice on the menu. Very typical Cantonese food as I remember from my time in Hong Kong. The kids weren't overly impressed but that is not a reflection on the restaurant!!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Loon Fung used to be a regular monthly visit for me and my family before it closed down for close to two years due to a fire in a neighbouring establishment. We always loved the old fashioned Chinese restaurant atmosphere and the more authentic items in the menu.

After it reopened we rushed back and I must admit that our first visit only a week after the new launch was not great: some food was late, service chaotic and not particularly friendly and more small details which did not meet our expectation due to past experience. After a couple more months we went back due to the insistence of our son and I am glad we did: the reopening jitters seem to have gone, food improved and the service was very friendly if a bit chaotic. Glad to see Loon Fung is back where it used to be.

For anyone going for the first time I would suggest to open your mind to the more unusual (but more authentic) menu items like hot pots, the specialities (the beef fillet with pickled vegetables is fantastic, although I must admit I still haven't mustered up the courage to order the intestines), congee, soup bowls to share or the home made Ho Fan noodles. The quality is great, plus it is always fun to see the waiters look puzzled at my caucasian appearance and comment: "oh, you want to eat real Chinese food!"

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We hadn't booked and as it was a Saturday night we were lucky to get in. The food was verygood as was the service. It was a litle bit pricey compared to other good Chinese restaurants we have tried.

1  Thank Helen B